SRX

last person joined: 4 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Clarification around port-channeling reth interfaces from srx cluster to cisco switch ...

Posted 03-03-2015 06:29

It seems somewhat misleading to read that srx will aggregate interfaces used as reth, without any additional config ...gre

thats fine, but its not really aggregating i.e. not bundling which would increase the over all bandwidth across the link/trunk

from Cisco switch side the status of etherchannel remains ( I ), thats for stand-alone (independent).

so it makes sense especially in active/passive setup. I'm thinking does the SRX cluster have the same capability in terms of port-channeling as cisco do with VSS or vPCs, where you can split your port-channel across chassis for 'proper' aggregation?

Thanks 

• 2.  RE: Clarification around port-channeling reth interfaces from srx cluster to cisco switch ...
    Best Answer

Posted 03-03-2015 06:59

I'm gonna go ahead and say nope.

SRX supports reth with active/passive nodes.
    It doesn't support a lag that uses both nodes active/active as part of the same ae.

You can build a reth with multiple ports that uses LACP to build a lag on each node however.

I recommend not using AE at all on SRX. It will bring you pain. Just build them as reth. You can configure LACP on the reth to bundle the links.

reth interfaces are redundant by them self

Have a look over here this explains it a bit

http://kb.juniper.net/library/CUSTOMERSERVICE/GLOBAL_JTAC/NT260/SRX_HA_Deployment_Guide_v1.2.pdf

• 3.  RE: Clarification around port-channeling reth interfaces from srx cluster to cisco switch ...

Posted 03-03-2015 07:10

thank you marc. its understood.

regards

-ajaz

• 4.  RE: Clarification around port-channeling reth interfaces from srx cluster to cisco switch ...

Posted 03-03-2015 07:14

Not needed 🙂 you are welcome