SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Clearing SRX Configuration

Posted 10-16-2013 05:13
      |   view attached

I am trying to do the equivilent of the Cisco Write Erase on an ASA.   I do know about:

load factory-default

request system zeroize

request system zeroize media

I have tried all the commands.  All return the device to basic default configuration on the device with items that will need to be deleted.  Items like IP addresses on interfaces, DNS entries, and DHCP.  I was looking to start with a clean slate. 

I am working on a project that uses scripts that generate configurations for site to site tunnels.  The script generates everything needed to setup tunnels using a template and variable file.  The output includes a device configuration, client configurations (strongSwan and AnyConnect), CA cert, identity certificates and keys for both clients and network devices. The client devices run debian linux and configuration for the clients is pushed from a server.  It works well. 

I would like to adapt this to the SRX.  If you know your variables a Cisco ASA or Aruba VPN device can be  setup quickly with a simple cut and paste from the console.  There are more automated ways of doing this, but I don't currently have the time to invest in a superior solution. 

So if you can't remove the factory default settings, then I will have to remove them in a different manner.  Thanks for reading this. 

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: Clearing SRX Configuration
    Best Answer

Posted 10-16-2013 07:30

try logging into the device and going to edit mode. 

srx# delete
    This will delete the entire configuration 
    Delete everything under this level? [yes,no] (no) yes
    srx#show
    ## Last changed: 2012-04-13 03:16:57 UTC 

{master:0}[edit] 
    srx#

Then you should be able to commit with only root password in config. 

HTH

• 3.  RE: Clearing SRX Configuration

Posted 10-16-2013 07:40

That worked.  Much less typing and an excellent solution.  Thanks for your time.