SRX

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Connecting Cisco Router and Juniper SRX with pure CLNS

Posted 03-06-2012 13:47

Hi guys, I need your helps...

I have a router cisco 1841 connected to juniper SRX-220H with back-to-back cable. I have configured IPv4 on interfaces fastethernet and can do ping between two devices, but i can't do it with clns.

I am coping the configuration of cisco and juniper router.

Thanks for your helpme.

Attachment(s)

txt
    srx-220H.txt   5 KB 1 version
    txt
    Cisco-R.txt   1 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Connecting Cisco Router and Juniper SRX with pure CLNS

Posted 03-06-2012 15:02

Hi rsilva,

There's a KB article on how to do this, although looking at it, the Cisco config appears to be lacking a few things:

http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB20097&actp=RSS&smlogin=true

Cheers,

Ben

• 3.  RE: Connecting Cisco Router and Juniper SRX with pure CLNS

Posted 03-06-2012 18:14

Thanks dfex for your answer, but the adjacency between cisco and juniper routers is established, but I can't do ping clns between it. I need speak pure CLNS between cisco and juniper router, for that i try do ping clns. In the attachments I put some show's, as (show isis adjacency, show isis route, ping clns xx.xxxx....xxxx.xx) of juniper side and (show clns neighbor, show clns route, ping clns xx.xxxx....xxxx.xx) of cisco side. Please check out.

Thanks for your answer,

• 4.  RE: Connecting Cisco Router and Juniper SRX with pure CLNS

Posted 03-08-2012 18:48

Are the routes being exchanged corrrectly - I can't see the opposite router's loopback address appearing in either route table.

I would remove the interface all point-to-point statement, and just make it interface ge-0/0/0.  Then add the lo0 interface without the point-to-point statement. 

• 5.  RE: Connecting Cisco Router and Juniper SRX with pure CLNS

Posted 03-13-2012 07:20

Thanks dfex for your support, but this don't work... I was testing clns ping with two SRX and don't work. I believe that  some policy or feature of security block this traffic type, but I have connectivity IP but don't have clns connectivity.

Thanks,

• 6.  RE: Connecting Cisco Router and Juniper SRX with pure CLNS
    Best Answer

Posted 03-13-2012 22:17

I wonder if it's related to flow-mode not passing CLNS traffic?

try the following:

set security forwarding-options family iso mode packet-based

• 7.  RE: Connecting Cisco Router and Juniper SRX with pure CLNS

Posted 03-18-2012 09:53

Hi dfex, thanks for your response one more time. I opened the jtac case and really that is the command correct for permit the traffic clns into srx. Thanks so much for your support.