SRX

last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Create user to login to virtual router in SRX

Posted 10-12-2013 22:48
      |   view attached

Hi all,

I have only one srx100b, so I want to create two virtual router to test routing or VPN (because i want to practice) .

I have created two virtual router but I don't know how i can access the virtual router.

I want stand on one virtual router to ping to another virtual router. Is it possible ? 

Anyone can help me? If anyone have guide document about this case, please send me.

Thanks a lot,

p/s: Sorry about my english, because i'm not good at 

• 2.  RE: Create user to login to virtual router in SRX

Posted 10-13-2013 05:36

Hi

To ping from a virtual router, use "ping <ip-address> routing-instance <vr-name>"

Here is one KB article that shows how to create a VR, if you haven't done it yet

http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB16453&smlogin=true

• 3.  RE: Create user to login to virtual router in SRX

Posted 10-13-2013 07:13

Hi Pert,

Your link is very useful, but i want stand at the virtual router. Is it possible ?. For example: I stand at root@srx100b , here i create two virtual router like red-vr and blue-vr. I want to stand at virtual router like lab@red-vr and lab@blue-vr . Can i configure it with only one srx100b ?

Thanks,

• 4.  RE: Create user to login to virtual router in SRX
    Best Answer

Posted 10-13-2013 07:57

A virtual router (routing-instance of type virtual-router) offers only separation of routing table and protocols. It's no logical system! Want you want can't be done on a srx100.

• 5.  RE: Create user to login to virtual router in SRX

Posted 10-13-2013 08:18

Thanks, very good to know.