SRX Services Gateway
Visitor
Gabriel_GR

Detect P2P users

[ Edited ]

Hello. 

I am using a Juniper SRX 240 High Memory running JUNOS 10.1R1.8. My company leases a 80 mbps line and because of heavy use of torrents and P2P most of it is utilized in file sharing purposes. 

I am new to Junos and a jr. admin. We need torrents as we use them to share files we produce but still I want to know which users are causing the problem. I want to figure a way to see how the traffic is distributed to the hosts in our internal network or alternatively find the hots with many simultaneous external connections indicating bit torrent peers. On our previous cisco router I was able to do that through the NAT translation table but I can't figure how to do this on Junos.

I tried  show ip nat translation but Junos auto completes ipv6 and I don't get the table I want.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Best regards, Gabriel.

Trusted Contributor
SomeITGuy

Re: Detect P2P users

Not sure how best to selectivly allow torrents but I do know that you should upgrade to 10.2R3 as soon as possible, as it is the current recommended release https://www.juniper.net/customers/csc/software/junos_software_versions.jsp . 10.1R1.8 is a VERY VERY VERY buggy and unstable release!

Visitor
Gabriel_GR

Re: Detect P2P users

I am planning to when the second SRX 240 arrives so that I configure failover as well.

Thanks.

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.