SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Dual fabric links on SRX5800

Posted 02-11-2016 10:25

Hello,

I am new to the Juniper line of products and I was wondering if you can create aggregated fabric link (2 interface on the primary chassis and 2 on the backup chassis). I did set up the fabric link configured using the commands below and it is up.

set interfaces fab0 fabric-options member-interfaces et-7/2/0

set interfaces fab1 fabric-options member-interfaces et-19/2/0

The fab link is up but I would like have a bigger pipe for the data connection between the clustered firewalls. So instead of having a 40gig pipe btwn chassis's, I would like to have a 80gig pipe. Is this possible with some type of LAG? I am running software version 12.1X46-D25.7 on each chassis. Thank you!

Regards,

TD

• 2.  RE: Dual fabric links on SRX5800
    Best Answer

Posted 02-12-2016 09:29

Hi TDNY,

The fab interface is itself a form of Link Aggregation ( if you do a > show interfaces terse | match fab you'll see that the interface type is of type aenet ); but it can only support two member interfaces per node.

Btw, the configuration you shared only shows the configuration of one FAB link between the two nodes ( one member interface ).

• 3.  RE: Dual fabric links on SRX5800

Posted 02-12-2016 10:47

Hello Hisham,

Thanks for the response. After reading the Juniper SRX series book by O'reilly online, you are correct it is (fab link) a form of a aggregated link. Yes you are corect is that I have one interface per node as fab link. So what I did was I deleted fab0 and fab1, then defined each interface for fab0 and fab1. Now when I run the command "show chassis cluster data-plane interfaces" it shows:

fab0:

Name                                                  Status

(Physical/Monitored)

et-7/0/0                                               Up      /  Up

et-8/0/0                                               Up      /  Up

fab1:

Name                                                  Status

(Physical/Monitored)

et-19/0/0                                             Up      /  Up

et-20/0/0                                             Up      /  Up

Both interfaces on each node up and operational. Thanks.

Regards,

TD

• 4.  RE: Dual fabric links on SRX5800

Posted 02-12-2016 10:53

Yes, Good Work !

Congrats ! Now you have dual fabric redundant links working !