SRX

last person joined: 4 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Dynamic VPN for remote workers

Posted 02-06-2016 06:53

Good morning,

I have a simple question. We have a number of users that are working from home that would need temporary access to network resources in the office which is using SRX device as a gateway device. My question is this, is dynamic VPN supported by Juniper today? would I be able to deploy it as described in the article below, is this document still valid? My understanding is that SRX comes with 2 dynamic VPN client licenses, is there anything else required ?

I'm using as a reference the links below, please take a look.
    Document:
    http://kb.juniper.net/library/CUSTOMERSERVICE/GLOBAL_JTAC/technotes/dynamic-vpn-appnote-junos10.4-v21.pdf
    Video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1C4300zMBU

Thank you for any information.
    Delmiro

• 2.  RE: Dynamic VPN for remote workers

Posted 02-06-2016 10:56

My question is this, is dynamic VPN supported by Juniper today?

Short answer is Yes.

would I be able to deploy it as described in the article below, is this document still valid?

Yup, only caveat is that in some of the newer versions of JunOS the Pulse Client isn't hosted on the SRX anymore. I would advise you to use JunOS version 12.1X46-D35 ( the version after that has a bug ).

My understanding is that SRX comes with 2 dynamic VPN client licenses, is there anything else required ?

If you aren't planning on using more than 2 concurrent users on the device then no ( you can purchase more licenses for more than 2 concurrent users ). You should also keep in mind that Juniper sold the Junos Pulse Portfolio to another company ( Pulse Secure ), so in the future you will have to download newer versions of the JunOS Pulse Client ( Pulse Secure Desktop Client ) from their website or search for it online. 

• 3.  RE: Dynamic VPN for remote workers

Posted 02-06-2016 11:17

Thank you elkadiki for your responce. Do you mind sharing your experience with it, any issues, tips? where can I find information about the supported client OS? i.e. Windows 8

Thanks again

• 4.  RE: Dynamic VPN for remote workers
    Best Answer

Posted 02-06-2016 11:37

It can be hard to configure at first ( as is the case with all dynamic VPNs in my experience ); but once it is configured it is stable. It is easier to configure from the Web Interface ( JWEB ) and you'll find a lot of support on the forum to help you with your configuration once you get to that.

With regards to the supported platforms, I personally have it running on Windows 8 and you can find more details here :

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/pulsesecure/pulse-secure-desktop/ps-pulse-5.1r5-supportedplatforms.pdf

I would advise you to contact your Juniper Rep. and see how you can get an account with Pulse Secure as that will give you access to the latest version.

Don't forget to mark my answer as a solution if it does answer your question/ solve your problem !