SRX Services Gateway
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New User
0 Kudos

Email alerts to admins for SRX-240 firewalls

We are in the process of migrating from SSG-320M firealls to SRX-240 firewalls.

We have a requirement where, when certain activities - attacks, IDS, etc - notify administrators via email.  This was easily done in the SSG's.  For our SRX, this is not so easliy found.  It is running JunOS 11.4.

I had found something along this line in one OS guide ("Concepts and Examples".  Then I found this guide was for JunOS 6.3.  Those actions (at least in the web GUI) do not seem to be available in 11.4.

Most of what I find documented for alarms is to check the syslogs frequently.

So, how does/can one set an administrator email address, specify SMTP server, and specify triggers?  Or, is this not done in JunOS 11.4?

Thanks!

Distinguished Expert
0 Kudos

Re: Email alerts to admins for SRX-240 firewalls

Hi Richard

I reckon in SRX appliance there are no provision to send alarms over email to administrators.

However, if you have Junos Space integrated with SRX, you could send alarms/notifications via email to administrators from Space.

Regards,

Raveen

Note: If this answers your question, you could mark this post as accepted solution, that way it helps others as well. Kudos will be cool if I earned it!

Note: If this answers your question, you could mark this post as accepted solution, that way it helps others as well. Kudos will be cool if I earned it!