SRX

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Exclude Destination from NAT

Posted 09-24-2015 09:42

Hi all,

I have the following rule-set in Place:

set security nat source rule-set internal-to-external from zone internal
    set security nat source rule-set internal-to-external to zone external
    set security nat source rule-set internal-to-external rule nat-internal match source-address 172.16.2.0/24
    set security nat source rule-set internal-to-external rule nat-internal match destination-address 0.0.0.0/0
    set security nat source rule-set internal-to-external rule nat-internal then source-nat interface

working just fine.

I implemented an IPsec Tunnel. The Packets arrive at the other end of the Tunnel (172.16.16.0/24) with my WAN-Address - then I remembered that NAT was in place...

So I tried:

set security nat source rule-set internal-to-external-no-nat from zone internal
    set security nat source rule-set internal-to-external-no-nat to zone external
    set security nat source rule-set internal-to-external-no-nat rule no-nat-internal match source-address 172.16.2.0/24
    set security nat source rule-set internal-to-external-no-nat rule no-nat-internal match destination-address 172.16.16.0/24
    set security nat source rule-set internal-to-external-no-nat rule no-nat-internal then source-nat off

followed by:

insert security nat source rule-set internal-to-external-no-nat before rule-set internal-to-external

Unfortunately I cannot commit this:

[edit security nat source]
      'rule-set internal-to-external'
        rule-set internal-to-external and rule-set internal-to-external-no-nat have same context.
    error: configuration check-out failed

How to solve this? I need NAT for all destinations except 172.16.16.0/24

Thank you for your help

• 2.  RE: Exclude Destination from NAT
    Best Answer

Posted 09-24-2015 11:22

Hello,

Here you have two options:

1) Do not create two rule-sets. Keep one rule set & create two rules under the same rule-set as context is same. And insert the nat-off rule before interface nat rule. Configuration would be something like this:

set security nat source rule-set internal-to-external from zone internal
    set security nat source rule-set internal-to-external to zone external
    set security nat source rule-set internal-to-external rule no-nat-vpn match source-address 172.16.2.0/24
    set security nat source rule-set internal-to-external rule no-nat-vpn match destination-address 172.16.16.0/24
    set security nat source rule-set internal-to-external rule no-nat-vpn then source-nat off
    set security nat source rule-set internal-to-external rule nat-internal match source-address 172.16.2.0/24
    set security nat source rule-set internal-to-external rule nat-internal match destination-address 0.0.0.0/0
    set security nat source rule-set internal-to-external rule nat-internal then source-nat interface

Here is a link for the same.

https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB24404

2) Or a slightly out of the box way if using route based VPN is to keep st0.x interface in different zone other than zone external so nat exempt is required.

Regards,

Rushi

• 3.  RE: Exclude Destination from NAT

Posted 09-24-2015 11:56

Hi Rushi,

thank you very much - I didn't realize, that I can have "multiple" rules under the same set - thats why i tried creating 2 Rule-sets.

Working like a charm - again thank you very much 🙂