SRX

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  FBF in Virtual-Router

Posted 06-07-2011 03:26
      |   view attached

Hi,all,

Do the SRX3600 support the FBF in Virtual-Router?

the example,You can see the topology which I uploaded.In topology,there are 2 interfaces:ge-0/0/0 & ge-0/0/2,the ge-0/0/2 include sub-interface(ge-0/0/2.1,ge-0/0/2.2,ge-0/0/2.3),and the 2 interfaces in the virtual-router.and ge-0/0/0 will input the firewall filter which using to FBF.

thank you.

• 2.  RE: FBF in Virtual-Router

Posted 06-07-2011 04:05

Hi

FBF shold work with vrouters if configured correctly.You can direct traffic to different routing

instance with filter, using "then routing-instance" knob.

In you case, it is not clear for me, what 2 interfaces are in virtual router, and what about

other interfaces? Are they in default instance?

• 3.  RE: FBF in Virtual-Router

Posted 06-07-2011 04:52

hi,pk,

thank you for your response.ge-0/0/0 ,ge-0/0/2.1,ge-0/0/2.2,ge-0/0/2.3 in instance named VR(type is  Virtual-Router) ,and then,I created two new instance named VPN & VAS(the type is forwarding),in VPN instance & VAS instance,I config some static route,however,I can see any static route in their route table(VPN.inet.0 & VAS.inet.0).At last,I remove the instance VR,the static configed in VPN instance & VAS instance ware display.You can check my log,thank you very much.

Attachment(s)

txt
    FBF-R2.txt   135 KB 1 version
    txt
    FBF-R2-2.txt   30 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: FBF in Virtual-Router

Posted 06-07-2011 06:42

I see that you've been copying interface routes to your VPN and TO_VAS tables with a command

set routing-options interface-routes rib-group inet PBR

and the rib group was defined as

import-rib [ inet.0 VPN.inet.0 TO_VAS.inet.0 ]

what was it doing - was copying interface routes from inet.0 to VPN.inet.0 and TO_VAS.inet.0.

Because your actual interfaces were in "VR" instance (VR.inet.0 table), these interface routes were not copied to your other two instances. I think import-rib should have looked something like

import-rib [ VR.inet.0 VPN.inet.0 TO_VAS.inet.0 ]

However this should be tested before putting in production.

• 5.  RE: FBF in Virtual-Router

Posted 06-07-2011 21:26

hi,pk,

thank you for your response.because ge-0/0/0 and ge-0/0/2 must be in VR(virtual-router) in my topology,however,in Virtual-router VR,I want to do the FBF.which method can solve this problem?thank you.

• 6.  RE: FBF in Virtual-Router

Posted 06-08-2011 01:04

From what I've seen in your session log, you were doing everything correctly except import-rib statement which, as far as I understand this, should have looked like  [ VR.inet.0 VPN.inet.0 TO_VAS.inet.0 ].

Try this correction and if it does not work then please post your full config and show route output here...

• 7.  RE: FBF in Virtual-Router

Posted 06-08-2011 01:41
      |   view attached

hi,pk,

Thank you for your response.Following your tips,it seem to be not work.And the file is all my config,thank you.

Attachment(s)

txt
    FBF-LOG-2011-6-8.txt   8 KB 1 version

• 8.  RE: FBF in Virtual-Router
    Best Answer

Posted 06-08-2011 02:03

Try the following

delete routing-options interface-routes rib-group inet PBR

set routing-instances VR routing-options interface-routes rib-group inet PBR

(just needed to apply rib-group to VR routing instance). Please tell me if it works.

• 9.  RE: FBF in Virtual-Router

Posted 06-08-2011 04:20
      |   view attached

hi,pk,

thank you for your response,the command which you tell me is work.thank you.

Attachment(s)

txt
    FBF-2.txt   25 KB 1 version