SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Gig e ports on SRX210 being auto rate limited?

Posted 06-03-2010 06:50

Hi all

I am trying to run performance tests on an SRX-210 to establish how much throughput it can handle.

However, when I send 50 meg of traffic either to BOTH the LAN AND WAN gig e interface at the same time, under monitor interface ge-0/0/1.0 (eg), I see input rate of 4.5 Mb/s inbound, and around 4.5 Mb/s outbound.

If I am just sending a single stream of 50 meg to either the LAN or WAN interface, the input rate shows as 9 Mb/s.

Not quite sure why this is happening, thought it may have something to do with flow control, so disabled all fe interfaces but no joy.

I've confirmed that the cat switches connected off the LAN & WAN interfaces are SENDING 50Mb/s to the SRX 210 gig e interfaces.

I've deactivated any class of service and firewall filters applied to the gig e interfaces, but this hasnt helped.

Does anyone have an idea why my gig e interfaces will not 50 meg under monitor interface?

Thanks...

• 2.  RE: Gig e ports on SRX210 being auto rate limited?
    Best Answer

Posted 06-03-2010 09:02

Found the problem.

the flow config under security had limited the input rate down to 8 meg or so from 50 meg.

Deactivated it, & now back to normal 🙂

• 3.  RE: Gig e ports on SRX210 being auto rate limited?

Posted 06-05-2010 14:30

Hi,

Would you like brief......deactivation

Regards,

VKG