SRX Services Gateway
Contributor
shyan
Accepted Solution

HA indicating light amber

Hi-

I have configured HA in SRX 240 but there is light amber in HA, if  you have some scenario, please share.

please find the attached config and find the show chasiss status for all.

Best Regards,
Ghan Shyam
=========================
CCNA,JNCIA-Junos,JNCIS-SEC
www.gsraut.com.np

If this help to solve your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution."
Kudos are always appreciated.

Recognized Expert
Dominik

Re: HA indicating light amber

Could also be a non-set rescue config. Issue these commands in operation mode and we will know more:

> show chassis alarm
> show system alarm

Regards,

Dominik

JNCIE et al.

--
The Axiom of Choice is obviously true, the well-ordering principle obviously false, and who can tell about Zorn's lemma?
Contributor
shyan

i have save rescue and also monitor as per ur efforts , find there is utm license alarm only no more then this.

i have posted the config and monitored config also plz details it and reply with solution.ok hope you will efforts me.

Best Regards,
Ghan Shyam
www.gsraut.com.np

If this help to solve your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution."

Trusted Contributor
rfrederick

I think that the amber HA light is indicative of a problem with the HA control links.  If you look at the statistics, it would seem that there is a fairly large difference between the heartbeats sent and the heartbeats received.  Have you checked the cabling to ensure that you do not have a bad cable here?  I think that the rescue config, license alarms, etc. would result in an alarm LED being lit, but the HA light should only be impacted by HA events.

Ron

Super Contributor
tbehrens

That light will stay amber - and the priority will be 0, when you check the chassis cluster status - until all monitored interfaces are up. The majority of your interfaces are down, and that's why you see the light.

Contributor
The Student

Hi Shyan,

I agree with  tbehrens . The alarm is due to the monitored interfaces being down. 

Just to add that when I look at your UTM policies , it seems that the UTM is never hit as it is placed below the generic policy. Please change the order of the policies .

Take Care,
Njoy Networking........................:smileyhappy:
Super Contributor
motd

If you want to be sure, there is a nice (but hidden) command: show chassis cluster information

This will show you lots of details about the cluster status, the status of the LED and the reason is one of them:

Chassis cluster LED information:
    Current LED color: Amber
    Last LED change reason: Monitored objects are down

Contributor
shyan

Hi motd,

Thank you for efforts, it solved my problem.

:smileyhappy:

Best Regards,
Ghan Shyam
www.gsraut.com.np

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.