SRX Services Gateway
Contributor
Rohit

HOW TO IMPLEMENT QOS FOR THE NATED TRAFFIC

i have one ssl server that is destination nated by public ip on port 443 and 80, my remote user access my PROPALM SERVER whch is application virtulization server(LIKE XENAPP) behind after geting authorised on ssl vpn server which is sync with AD,now i want to implment QOS for the remote  user who are accessing my ssl server for accesing there desktop,i want to givce them more perference then my other user, how can i do it,

Recognized Expert
mhariry

Re: HOW TO IMPLEMENT QOS FOR THE NATED TRAFFIC

Hi,

First as you know the QOS take affect only in case of utilization. So where is the congestion in your network. usually the LAN is not congested and congestion would be in WAN interfaces. If so you couldn't make any QOS as who control the traffic and make QOS is your ISP.

Thanks,

Mohamed Elhariry

JNCIE-M/T # 1059, CCNP & CCIP

Regards,
Mohamed Elhariry
2* JNCIE (SEC # 159, SP # 1059),JNCIP-ENT

[Click the "Star" for Kudos if you think I earned it!
If this solution worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit..]
Contributor
Rohit

ohk so we could not do any thing in this i dont feel any issue when i  use same application server in my lan, but i want that the user who connect through datacard to my ssl server to use ERP and other application,

well else will u suggest me any method to check the congestion in my network,

thanks!

Recognized Expert
mhariry

Hi To know how to apply QOS we have to know where is the congestion as if no congestion means no need for QOS. Usually the LAN consist of GIG interfaces which is more than enough in most cases. You could see the rate of the traffic per interface from command show interface ge-x/x/x. If you suspect in your ISP side you could check the rate on your WAN links also by same way to check traffic exceed the agreed rate or not. Also your ISP in some cases may provide you with graph like MRTG to monitor your traffic. If you feel slowness when trying to access from outside (WAN like home) and working fine from the LAN so the problem may be your need QOS but from your ISP side. Some ISP provide QOS for certain package with higher price. First step specify where is the congestion then look for solution Thanks Mohamed Elhariry
Regards,
Mohamed Elhariry
2* JNCIE (SEC # 159, SP # 1059),JNCIP-ENT

[Click the "Star" for Kudos if you think I earned it!
If this solution worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit..]
Contributor
Rohit

ohk i run that command i found the following out buton wan interface

input rate = 992160bps(95pps)

output raate = 58608 bps 58 pps

now what is the critria that will specify it is congested or not will u please give the detail as u did the last time

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.