SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Help with SRX650 Upgrade - "twsi0: Device timeout on unit 1 (chassisd, Read, 0x39)"

Posted 02-03-2015 02:34

Hello all

We have just this minute attempted a software upgrade of one of our SRX650s using JWeb. Things appeared to be going well, until it came time to reboot. Upon reboot we're seeing line after line of the following:

twsi0: Device timeout on unit 1 (chassisd, Write, 0x2c)
    twsi0: Device timeout on unit 1 (chassisd, Write, 0x74)
    twsi0: Device timeout on unit 1 (chassisd, Write, 0x00)
    twsi0: Device timeout on unit 1 (chassisd, Write, 0x71)
    twsi0: Device timeout on unit 1 (chassisd, Read, 0x4a)
    twsi0: Device timeout on unit 1 (chassisd, Read, 0x4a)
    twsi0: Device timeout on unit 1 (chassisd, Write, 0x71)
    twsi0: Device timeout on unit 1 (chassisd, Write, 0x74)

Just keeps on going. At first I thought we may have downloaded and installed the incorrect software, however, this is not the case as we double checked. Even so, I would hope Junos would be clever enough to realise such a thing.

Other than this I am at a loss. These are brand new devices so we're not under any pressure from the customer, however, our lack of Junos skills has put us in a difficult position.

Any ideas?

Thank you

• 2.  RE: Help with SRX650 Upgrade - "twsi0: Device timeout on unit 1 (chassisd, Read, 0x39)"
    Best Answer

Posted 02-03-2015 02:45

Looks like you are hitting PR1050215. Please try a Power cycle of the device as suggested in workaround section.

"https://prsearch.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=prcontent&id=PR1050215&smlogin=true"

Thanks,

Suraj

Please Mark My Solution Accepted if it Helped, Kudos are Appreciated too

• 3.  RE: Help with SRX650 Upgrade - "twsi0: Device timeout on unit 1 (chassisd, Read, 0x39)"

Posted 02-03-2015 03:10

Thanks rsuraj

That seems to be exactly what we're experiencing. The document recommends to power cycle the device, however, we've found that this still does not resolve our issue. We'll be upgrading to 12.1X44-D45.

Thanks again!