SRX

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Help with configuring the Srx240h for bandwidth Allocation

Posted 09-18-2013 09:21

Hi I wish to configure our SRX240H so that one of the subnets (192.168.235.0/24) gets 50mb allocation and can burst to to 80mb and the remaining subnets get up to 30mb. I have been reading tons of options but as only just learning this a wee bit unsure, can anyone help please?

The connection is 80mb in total.

Thanks,
    Scott

• 2.  RE: Help with configuring the Srx240h for bandwidth Allocation

Posted 09-18-2013 11:36

Use policers to configured properly.

• 3.  RE: Help with configuring the Srx240h for bandwidth Allocation
    Best Answer

Posted 09-18-2013 11:42

Policers would be the easiest way to achieve this. 

Policers are configured under the "Firewall" level and then you can attach them as input and output filters on your logical interfaces associated with your subnets. 

Example:

admin@CUSTOMER1SRX# show firewall | find policer                                
    policer FiftyM {                                                                  
        if-exceeding {                                                              
            bandwidth-limit 50m;                                                    
            burst-size-limit 30m;                                                    
        }                                                                           
        then discard;   

admin@CUSTOMER1SRX# show interfaces fe-0/0/4                                    
    description "Guest Wifi";                                                       
    unit 0 {                                                                        
        family inet {                                                               
            policer {                                                               
                input FiftyM;                                                         
                output FiftyM;                                                        
            }                                                                       
            address 192.168.15.1/24;                                                
        }                                                                           
    }                                    

• 4.  RE: Help with configuring the Srx240h for bandwidth Allocation

Posted 09-19-2013 06:03

Hi Thanks for coming back to me on this, just one last question, the policer regarding the speed is the only thing now i am unsure on.

Does the Bandwidth limit of 50mb and then the burst of 30mb mean that the network i wish to assign the bandwidth of 50mb to mean that they can get 50mb but also burst up another 30mb if available to reach the maximium the link has of 80mb? would i apply this to the network i want to have 50mb and another such as the config below to the other subnets?

admin@CUSTOMER1SRX# show firewall | find policer                                
    policer ThirtyM {                                                                  
        if-exceeding {                                                              
            bandwidth-limit 30m;                                                    
            burst-size-limit 625k;                                                    
        }                                                                           
        then discard;