SRX Services Gateway
Contributor
aeroplane
Accepted Solution

How to configure SRX device as DDNS client and Destination NAT on Dynamic Untrut IP?

Hi Experts

Can any one give me step by step configuration commands for configuring SRX as DDNS client? Also like netscreen can we do the destination NAT on the dynamic IP address on the untrust interface through its FQDN?

Thanks

Visitor
nicol

Re: How to configure SRX device as DDNS client and Destination NAT on Dynamic Untrut IP?

download http://forums.juniper.net/jnet/attachments/jnet/junos-automation/392/1/dyn-dns-update.xslt.zip

upload  /var/db/scripts/event/

set system services apply-macro dyndns-client1 hostname XXXX.3322.org
set system services apply-macro dyndns-client1 password XXXX
set system services apply-macro dyndns-client1 type 3322
set system services apply-macro dyndns-client1 username XXXX

set event-options policy dyn-dns-updater events SYSTEM
set event-options policy dyn-dns-updater attributes-match SYSTEM.message matches "EVENT Add"
set event-options policy dyn-dns-updater then event-script dyn-dns-update.xslt
set event-options event-script file dyn-dns-update.xslt

The format of the update message is different from server to server. This script accepts the following most common ones:

dyndns
    dtdns
    dnspark
    no-ip
    dns-o-matic
    everydns
    changeip
    freedns (more on this one later)
    dnsexit

Contributor
aeroplane

Re: How to configure SRX device as DDNS client and Destination NAT on Dynamic Untrut IP?

Hi nicol

Thanks for the reply. Just few quesitons:

1- What is 3322 in the command "set system services apply-macro dyndns-client1 type 3322" If I am using the dyndns then should I need to specify "set system services apply-macro dyndns-client1 type dyndns" ????

2- In the configuration, you provided, we did not specify the ADSL interface anywhere in the configuration?

Thanks

Visitor
riazjo

Hi Nicol,

Did you manage to get it working with freedns.afraid.org?

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.