SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  How to use scrips like IP track and DDN on SRX?

Posted 08-01-2011 13:17

Hi Experts

How can I use below scripts on SRX. Kindly provide the working commands, means after downloading the scrip where to put the scripts on SRX and after that what to do?

Thanks

Here is one that works with chassis clusters:

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/community/junos/script-automation/library/event/track-ip/

And another general one:

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/community/junos/script-automation/library/event/enable-primary-nexthop/

• 2.  RE: How to use scrips like IP track and DDN on SRX?
    Best Answer

Posted 08-01-2011 13:46

Hi, first of all you have to load the script file on the device, the path depends on the script type:

- event scripts: /var/db/scripts/event

- commit scripts: /var/db/scripts/commit

- operational scripts: /var/db/scripts/op

Then you will have to activate the script, setting the command "set file <script-filename>" under the proper configuration hierarchy (which also depends on the script type):

- event scripts: [edit event-options event-script]

- commit scripts: [edit system scripts commit]

- operational scripts: [edit system scripts op]

Finally of course, you will have to commit to apply the configuration.

Note that one difference between the three kinds of script is how they are triggered: an event-script is triggered by an event policy, so you will also have to configure the statement "then event-script <event-script-filename>", followed by the script's (optional) arguments. Doing this, the script will be launched every time an event will match the policy. A commit script is triggered by a commit, and an op script by the operational command "> op <op-script-filename>"

I hope this helps you, I'd suggest you also to read some Juniper books on the argument, "This Week: applying Junos Automation" and the recently published "This Week: Mastering Junos Automation Programming".

• 3.  RE: How to use scrips like IP track and DDN on SRX?

Posted 08-02-2011 13:00

Thanks a lot.