SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Installation 10.1R2.8 - Missing mandatory statement: 'admin-authentication'

Posted 05-14-2010 16:04

Hi everybody,

does anyone else saw this error during installation? I'm testing here on a 210-hm cluster.

Validating against /config/rescue.conf.gz
    [edit]
      'wlan'
        Missing mandatory statement: 'admin-authentication'
    mgd: error: commit failed: (missing statements)
    Validation failed
    WARNING: Current configuration not compatible with /var/tmp/junos-srxsme-10.1R2.8-domestic.tgz

I only had a chance to install this version with no-validate. And furthermore it was a little bit more complicated on a cluster. After installing i deleted the part wlan from my configuration and a commit ended without errors.

• 2.  RE: Installation 10.1R2.8 - Missing mandatory statement: 'admin-authentication'

Posted 05-16-2010 06:44

This error occurred during upgrade/downgrade image? Please share your previous image details etc.

Couple of possibilities.

1/ image is not compatible and support wlan on this platform

2/ commit may not succeed before installation new-image on device

thanks

raheel

• 3.  RE: Installation 10.1R2.8 - Missing mandatory statement: 'admin-authentication'

Posted 05-16-2010 07:10

Hi Raheel,

this error occurred during the upgrade. The previous installed version of junos was 10.1r1.8.

I had to to upgrade the srx with the no-validate command. After a reboot my configuration wasn't loaded because of the missing wlan statement. I had to add this statement to my configuration and reboot the srx again. Now the srx bootet successfully with 10.1r2.8.

When i now delete the wlan statement from my configuration again, everything is working fine.

I'm missing something or is this just a error in the 10.1r2.8 image?

Thank you for your help.

• 4.  RE: Installation 10.1R2.8 - Missing mandatory statement: 'admin-authentication'

Posted 05-17-2010 14:58

SG,

This issue happened for you because of the change in mandatory requirement for have a password for wlan starting in 10.1r2.8. This is not a issue in 10.1r2, should be there in the release notes.

Thanks

• 5.  RE: Installation 10.1R2.8 - Missing mandatory statement: 'admin-authentication'

Posted 05-17-2010 19:57

Hi MR,

thanks for your answer. I can't find anything about this in the release notes.

But why i only have this mandatory requirement at the installation process? After the upgrade process i deleted this statement and the commit runs without an error.

Regards,

Sebastian

• 6.  RE: Installation 10.1R2.8 - Missing mandatory statement: 'admin-authentication'
    Best Answer

Posted 05-20-2010 07:49

Hi everybody,

to complete this thread. JTAC just gave me a call because of my opened case regarding this problem.

They confirmed that the problem is an issue in version 10.1r2.8. The workaround is to reboot the srx after an upgrade with the no-validate command, to add the wlan admin-authentication statement to the configuration and to delete it after the installation is complete.

Regards,

Sebastian