SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Interface sp-0/0/0 on Juniper SRX

Posted 07-08-2015 00:41

Hi all.

Anybody can explain for me the purpose of sp-0/0/0 interface on Juniper SRX ? I'm trying to understand it but I'm sill confused about it.

• 2.  RE: Interface sp-0/0/0 on Juniper SRX

Posted 07-08-2015 00:46

Hello ,

Configurable services interface. The services interface is used to enable a number of routing services such as stateful firewall filters, IPSec, and Network Address Translation (NAT).

Within a Services Router, packets are routed to this internal interface for encapsulation or processing, depending on the services configured. The configurable services interface is an internal interface only and is not associated with a physical medium or PIM. You must configure the interface for it to enable service sets.

• 3.  RE: Interface sp-0/0/0 on Juniper SRX

Posted 07-08-2015 00:47

Hello ,

Adding a point that this interface is not supported in JUNOS Enhanced Services . Its only supported in J-series devices .

• 4.  RE: Interface sp-0/0/0 on Juniper SRX

Posted 07-08-2015 01:36

Hi,

As you say "The services interface is used to enable a number of routing services such as stateful firewall filters, IPSec, and Network Address Translation (NAT)."

This is sp-0/0/0 on MX router ? How is about on SRX devices ?

• 5.  RE: Interface sp-0/0/0 on Juniper SRX

Posted 07-08-2015 01:44

Hello ,

The description is for J-series devices  :

http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB10268

https://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/jseries/junos93/jseries-config-guide-basic/special-interfaces.html

We do not have any doccumentation or any support for this in SRX .  Also this interface is not supported  in JUNOS Enhanced Services , which is run in SRX .