SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Is it real end-user cannot download firmware by themselves?

Posted 08-10-2015 01:47

I had bought a new SRX but found I cannot register the device because it is registed.
    I reported this problem to the distributor in Taiwan, and they replied that it is Juniper's policy, firmware can only be downloaded by distributor, and distributor register the device to provide warranty, and after warranty they will not provide firmware update for free.
    It sounds so strange for me, we have a SSG5 and can download firmware by ourself, I cannot find any description about it. Is there anybody can confirm the policy is real? or my device is kidnapping by the distributor?

• 2.  RE: Is it real end-user cannot download firmware by themselves?
    Best Answer

Posted 08-10-2015 01:52

Hello ,

Normally you should register your account details with the serial number to Juniper so that you will have access to the Juniper support/Download forum for getting the Junos image . If your Distributer/Partner have registered , your device serial number with their ID , then either you need to get in touch with them for the Image , or consult with them to change the ID to your Account  so that you can get the same privilege . First get in touch with your distributor and then call into the Juniper Customer Care so that they will help you in account change and other privilege issue .

• 3.  RE: Is it real end-user cannot download firmware by themselves?

Posted 08-10-2015 19:33

Thank you for quick reply!

I have contacted with the distributer for several times already, and still waiting for them to provide new firmware and the offical document from Juniper about the policy they told me. But I could feel the passive attitude. 

I will contact with Juniper Customer Care if the distributer not reply today.

Thank you for your help

• 4.  RE: Is it real end-user cannot download firmware by themselves?

Posted 08-10-2015 22:18

Hello

Contacting Juniper CCare will help you to either sort out the account issue , or they will create a one time courtesy case for getting the image .

• 5.  RE: Is it real end-user cannot download firmware by themselves?

Posted 08-11-2015 02:54

Finally, contacted with CCare solve the privilege problem for me.

Thank you, Joses

• 6.  RE: Is it real end-user cannot download firmware by themselves?

Posted 08-11-2015 02:56

Hello ,

Glade the issue is resolved . Smiley Happy