SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Juniper SRX100 lost password. Factory default reset and password recovery is not working

Posted 07-18-2013 21:16

From Juniper KB http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB17565 I get stuck in step 5.

CLI does not go through (see below error)

##############

chown: daemon: Invalid argument                                                                                                            
    Fri Jul 19 09:16:18 UTC 2013                                                                                                               
    Running recovery script ...                                                                                                                
    machdep.bootsuccess: 1 -> 1                                                                                                                

Performing initialization of management services ...                                                                                       

Performing checkout of management services ...                                                                                             

NOTE: Once in the CLI, you will need to enter configuration mode using                                                                     
    NOTE: the 'configure' command to make any required changes. For example,                                                                   
    NOTE: to reset the root password, type:                                                                                                    
    NOTE:    configure                                                                                                                         
    NOTE:    set system root-authentication plain-text-password                                                                                
    NOTE:    (enter the new password when asked)                                                                                               
    NOTE:    commit                                                                                                                            
    NOTE:    exit                                                                                                                              
    NOTE:    exit                                                                                                                              
    NOTE: When you exit the CLI, you will be asked if you want to reboot                                                                       
    NOTE: the system                                                                                                                           

Starting CLI ...                                                                                                                           
    invalid user: getpwuid failsCLI invocation failed                                                                                          
    Continue, Abort, or Start Shell? ([c],a,s)

###################

Appreciate the help

• 2.  RE: Juniper SRX100 lost password. Factory default reset and password recovery is not working

Posted 07-18-2013 23:04

Hi,

Try resetting the configs via reset button. You can find the reset button in front pannel near to USB port.

Figure 1: SRX100 Services Gateway Front Panel

Table 1 lists the front panel components of the services gateway.

Table 1: SRX100 Services Gateway Front Panel Components

Number

Component

Power button

LEDs: Alarm, Status, Power, HA

Reset Config button

Universal serial bus (USB) port

• By default, pressing and quickly releasing the Reset Config button loads and commits the rescue configuration through the J-Web interface or the CLI. The Status LED is solid amber during this time.

• By default, pressing and holding the Reset Config button for 15 seconds or more—until the Status LED is solid amber — deletes all configurations on the device, including the backup configurations and rescue configuration, and loads and commits the factory configuration.

For details about factory-default settings, see the following topics:

More details in link : http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/release-independent/junos/topics/task/operational/reset-config-button-srx100-using.html

Thanks,

• 3.  RE: Juniper SRX100 lost password. Factory default reset and password recovery is not working

Posted 07-19-2013 00:33

I have done this but I still get a password prompt even after I did a reset.

Using a few seconds and more than 15 seconds holding the reset button.

It still prompts me a login after these....

• 4.  RE: Juniper SRX100 lost password. Factory default reset and password recovery is not working

Posted 07-19-2013 01:50

After factory reset It should prompt for login when we type root and enter then it should get in without any password. Let me check in my device.

Thanks,

• 5.  RE: Juniper SRX100 lost password. Factory default reset and password recovery is not working

Posted 07-19-2013 04:34

Just checked in lab device as well, after pressing reset button for 15sec, status LED turns amber after that when I access SRX console, it prompted for user name I typed root and enter, it logged me in.

Thanks,