SRX

last person joined: 4 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Junos Pulse with an SRX100 only?

Posted 04-25-2012 08:15

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to figure out my first juniper project. Before I start, I want to mention that I am still in school and I am doing an internship at this company, so I am not en expert. This is my first time dealing with Juniper gear - I really love the idea about getting deeper into it and I believe that this can be a good start.

Anyway, here's what I am trying to do:

I have to deploy Pulse on a few laptops, iphones and android phones. The idea is that the company where I am doing my internship wants to use it as a demo for clients and obviously show them how cool Pulse is:)

We have a demo license for Junos Pulse's mobile security gateway.

So what they gave me is an SRX100 box and I have to use that as a stand-alone gateway at a central location - there will be no branches and stuff like that. And then people should be able to reach some shared demo resources through their laptops or smart phones.

I have been reading all kinds of materials for the past few days and I still can't really figure out a lot of things:)

So my questions are:

1. Is this SRX100 unit sufficient for what I am trying to achieve?
    2. Is there a document or a KB regarding a topology like that - I am not really sure what the topology should be in this situation.
    3. Is there a deployment guide for a small network like that? All the materials that I found were for a much bigger network with central locations and branches and a lot more devices involved...

I hope someone will have a few spare minutes to help me out with that:)

• 2.  RE: Junos Pulse with an SRX100 only?

Posted 04-25-2012 08:18

I'm pretty sure Pulse + SRX + iPhone will not work as the SRX only does IPSec while the iOS client only does SSL.

If you get it working let me know.

EDIT: Here is the SRX pulse documentation that you will need: http://kb.juniper.net/library/CUSTOMERSERVICE/GLOBAL_JTAC/technotes/dynamic-vpn-appnote-junos10.4-v21.pdf

• 3.  RE: Junos Pulse with an SRX100 only?
    Best Answer

Posted 04-25-2012 08:26

Hi there,

Are you in possession of a MAG or SA Device for terminating the Pulse SSL Connections or are you trying to do this on the SRX?

You will need one of these to accomplish your task.  MAG2600 or SA700 which is now End of Life.

The SRX does not support terminating an SSL VPN from Junos Pulse as mydmeyer has said, only IPSec

• 4.  RE: Junos Pulse with an SRX100 only?

Posted 04-25-2012 09:18

Hello,

No, I only have the SRX100. That's too bad... I will see if I can get a MAG

• 5.  RE: Junos Pulse with an SRX100 only?

Posted 04-25-2012 08:27

Thanks a lot for replying so quickly. I think this document will help me a lot:)