SRX

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Kernal Error in messages log

Posted 06-06-2016 07:28
    Jun  6 14:14:05  node1 /kernel: if_pfe: Error 8 (No IFD) on IF command 53 (IFD bchip stats)
    Jun  6 14:14:05  node1 /kernel: if_pfe: Error 8 (No IFD) on IF command 117 (IFD queue stats)
    Jun  6 14:14:05  node1 /kernel: if_pfe: Error 8 (No IFD) on IF command 56 (Ether get info)
    Jun  6 14:14:05  node1 /kernel: if_pfe: Error 8 (No IFD) on IF command 5 (IFD stats)

HI, 

I keep getting the above error messages in our SRX550 cluster:  Any idea what is is and how I resolve it?

• 2.  RE: Kernal Error in messages log

Posted 06-06-2016 22:49

Hello ,

Do you see any core dumps ( show system core-dumps )  or any high CPU alerts .

• 3.  RE: Kernal Error in messages log

Posted 06-06-2016 23:21
    Hi,

There are no crash dumps on either node.

I can see no obvious high cpu alerts.

I have a Pim card plugged in both not being used yet. Could it have something to do with this?

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more visit the Mimecast website.

• 4.  RE: Kernal Error in messages log

Posted 06-06-2016 23:28

Hello ,

Its possible because if the some of the missing interface status . We can try clearing the interface statistics and check if you are seeing the same :

> clear interfaces statistics all

• 5.  RE: Kernal Error in messages log

Posted 06-07-2016 02:50
    Yes,

Every time I do a clear interface statistics all I get the same error messages

Any idea how to stop them

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more visit the Mimecast website.

• 6.  RE: Kernal Error in messages log

Posted 06-07-2016 03:01

Hello ,

When you connected the PIM , have you rebooted the device ? If not can we try rebooting the box connecting the new PIM .

• 7.  RE: Kernal Error in messages log

Posted 06-07-2016 03:06

The PIM was installed before the box was powered on

• 8.  RE: Kernal Error in messages log

Posted 06-07-2016 03:11

Hello ,

Are you getting this logs on both Nodes or in specific node ? If you are getting in both Nodes , will it be possible to reboot them togethere ? If you are getting it in specific Node , try rebooting that node .

• 9.  RE: Kernal Error in messages log

Posted 06-07-2016 03:55

Can you verify that the PIM is indeed the source of the messages by shut down, remove and startup?

This does appear to be interface related, so the first step will be to verify which interface fpc/pim is generating the error.

• 10.  RE: Kernal Error in messages log

Posted 06-07-2016 04:00
    Hi,

I am not in a position to remove the Pim. We are also not using the management ports on the nodes.

Could this be the cause?

Disclaimer