Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Visitor
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

NCP Client for Juniper - Client-to-Site

Dear all,

You know about licensing model the new client vpn? (SSL)

I had information that would be released in March, but it's still not in the pricelist.

I just see this: https://www.ncp-e.com/en/products/ipsec-vpn-client-suite/juniper-vpn-client/

Paulo Eduardo Sibalde
Solutions Architect
JNCIA-Junos | ACMP | RCSP-W

Recognized Expert
0 Kudos

Re: NCP Client for Juniper - Client-to-Site

Hi Paulo,

The software version providing the ssl client is not officially released yet. Latest rumour I've heard is very late in march but I would not be surprised if this slipped into april (personal expectation).

As far as I know the licensing won't change. You still buy a license for X number of concurrent users. License SKU: SRX-RAC-XX-LTU where XX is number of concurrent users.

It's only the difference in client type and features will change.

--
Best regards,

Jonas Hauge Jensen
Systems Engineer, SEC Datacom A/S (Denmark)
Recognized Expert
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi, an update on this subject.

There are new SKUs in the march pricelist regarding remote access for SRX and vSRX

for physical SRX devices: SRX-RA1-XX where X can be 5 to 10000 concurrent users. This is a perpetual license. You will have to add support on top of this license (eg SVC-COR-SRX-RA5 or PAR-SUP-SRX-RA5)

for virtual SRX: VSRX-RA1-XX-Y where X can be 5 to 500 concurrent users. This is a subscription license and is bought for a 1 or 3 year period (the "Y" in the SKU name)

Eg VSRX-RA1-10-1 will be 10 concurrent users for vSRX for 1 year.

--
Best regards,

Jonas Hauge Jensen
Visitor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonas,

But, it does not include any management tool or client fee. Right?

My doubt is this.

Paulo Eduardo Sibalde
Solutions Architect

Recognized Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo, 

I would expect (and hope!) that clients are included as the price compared to the old licensing scheme has risen by 75%. Op top of this there is a support license as well which weren't present before.

For a 3 year period this gives a list price 2,5 times higher than before (comparing list prices for now).

Regarding management, I would hope that support will be added into Security Director for a full featured management platform - but personally I will not expect this to be implemented anytime soon as there are a lot of other things which the Space/SD developers are working on improving.

--
Best regards,

Jonas Hauge Jensen
Visitor
0 Kudos

Jonas,

I had an update about this..

Yes, client and management tool fee are NOT included.

For acquire NCP client, must contact NCP Sales team: https://www.ncp-e.com/en/exclusive-remote-access-solution/vpn-client/

The OEM Client will only come in 2018 for contractual reasons with Pulse Secure.

Paulo Eduardo Sibalde
Solutions Architect

Highlighted
Recognized Expert
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi Paulo,

thanks for the update. To be honest this is a quite sad setup if you on top of a price increase also needs to pay for the clients. 

I will also dig into this and let you know if different information shows up. I'll hope you will do the same.

--
Best regards,

Jonas Hauge Jensen