SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Need to know what the EOL is for SRX240-highmem and SRX-650

Posted 01-12-2015 13:35

Can anyone advise as to what the EOL is for the SRX240-HighMem and SRX-650 ?

I can find tidbits of info on the SRX240H but it remains a bit vague.  I can find absolutely nothing regarding the EOL, EOS or otherwise pertaining to the SRX650.

Ohh.. and have all ScreenOS's hit EOL? I  have one of those as well.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

TPTOOLS

• 2.  RE: Need to know what the EOL is for SRX240-highmem and SRX-650

Posted 01-12-2015 18:47

Hello TPTOOLS

You could find EOL and EOS information from below hyperlink:

For SRX Series:

http://www.juniper.net/support/eol/srxseries_hw.html

For Junos:

http://www.juniper.net/support/eol/junos.html

EOL and EOS for SRX650 is not decided/available yet.

Regards,

Raveen

• 3.  RE: Need to know what the EOL is for SRX240-highmem and SRX-650

Posted 01-13-2015 05:19

Juniper does not list any entry at all on the hardware EOL pages until an end of sale announcement first comes out.  So when there is no listing then you have no starting timeline at all for EOL.

Also notice that with the SRX and SSG models there are specific announcements for specific hardware versions, not the entire product line.  So you need to confirm on your device which hardware version your are running of the device in question.  Thus we see EOL timelines for some modes like SRX100B but still active sale and not announcement for SRX100H2.

As a general rule Juniperr announces end of sale on a specific device about 6 months in advance.  Juniper will still allow you to purchase support contracts for between 3-5 years after this last sale date.  There are adjustments in time as to when same day support ends earlier than next day support.

• 4.  RE: Need to know what the EOL is for SRX240-highmem and SRX-650

Posted 01-13-2015 14:42

Thank you for your responses. I guess that from the response from SPuluka, I can presume there is no EOL for either product I have inquired about ? As, there is NO listing on the for an SRX240HM (Highmem) or the SRX650. I could see the SRX650, but the SRX240HM is quite old (Sep. 2009) and can only find info regarding the SRX240B/H/B2/H2, but not the HM.

Thanks,

tptools

• 5.  RE: Need to know what the EOL is for SRX240-highmem and SRX-650
    Best Answer

Posted 01-13-2015 18:45

Hi tptools

SRX240H and SRX240HM are one and the same.

EOL/EOS of SRX240H is applicable for SRX240HM.

Regards,

Raveen