SRX

last person joined: 4 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  New SRX Features

Posted 07-04-2014 17:30

When will the features outlined in the following press release be available, specifically the Active Directory integration?

http://newsroom.juniper.net/press-releases/juniper-networks-enhances-next-generation-firewall-nyse-jnpr-1126594

Thanks,

• 2.  RE: New SRX Features
    Best Answer

Posted 07-04-2014 20:11

Hello Sheldon

AD integration feature is available from Junos version 12.1X47 release onwards.

At this point above mentioned release is in beta stage.

And it is likely to be released in this quarter.

For more details, please work with your Juniper SE/Account team.

Regards,

Raveen

• 3.  RE: New SRX Features

Posted 07-07-2014 02:00

Oops. Hadn't seen this Thread earlier, before I posted mine HERE.

Looks like the AD integration is a feature customers are eagerly waiting for. long overdue.

I will go ahead and Mark as solved, as Raveen has given an answer on the same.

Thanks.

• 4.  RE: New SRX Features

Posted 08-26-2014 01:28

That version was released Last week. I'm looking at the Release Notes and cannot see an update for the AD Integration listed. May have missed it. Let me know if you do.

Would really like to know how this works..ASAP.

See LINK below.. 

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos12.1x47/information-products/topic-collections/release-notes/12.1x47/index.html

• 5.  RE: New SRX Features

Posted 08-26-2014 01:33

Ok. Under Security Policy Section I see this notes:

Security Policy

• Integrated user firewall [SRX Series]—This feature retrieves user-to-IP address mappings from the Windows Active Directory to use as match criteria in firewall policies. The SRX Series device polls the event log of the Active Directory Controller (ADC) to determine who has logged on. The username and group are queried from the LDAP service in the ADC. The SRX Series device uses the IP address, username, and group information to generate authentication entries that the UserFW module uses to enforce user-based and group-based policy control over traffic.

Would definitely appreciate a Link on "Configuration example etc".. Or Techpub like "Understanding Integrated user Firewall on SRX"...

• 6.  RE: New SRX Features