SRX Services Gateway
Recognized Expert
mhariry

New SRX550 cluster mode

Hi,

I have two new SRX550 in remote locations so I need to built cluster through fiber 1g single mode connectivity. As per the below link it should be on ports ge-0/0/0 & ge-0/0/1 only. My question is there anyway to connect them through direct fiber cables.

I am thinking to connect to EX switches through fiber then ethernet cables to each SRX as option but I am looking for direct connection if available to avoid latency and cluster failure may happened.

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/release-independent/junos/topics/concept/services-gateway-srx5...

Thanks,

Mohamed

Regards,
Mohamed Elhariry
2* JNCIE (SEC # 159, SP # 1059),JNCIP-ENT

[Click the "Star" for Kudos if you think I earned it!
If this solution worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit..]
Super Contributor
AdamLin

Re: New SRX550 cluster mode

Hi,

ge-0/0/0 will be for out of band management. ge-0/0/1 will indeed be the control port and on srx550 it's copper only.
I'm a bit surprised that link tells you which ports to use for fabric links, as every srx from srx100 to srx5800, let you choose whichever interface you want (that's not automatically assigned) to use, including sfp ports.
Scroll down on this page to see.
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos12.1/information-products/topic-collections/security/soft...
Regards,
Adam

(if my post helped solve your problem, mark it as accepted solution)
Contributor
ed_gpc

Branch devices are a bit different, I could be wrong, but I think the 650 anyways, lets you specify the fab link, but not the control link.

Super Contributor
AdamLin

Ye, that's what I said, I think atleast.. :smileyhappy:

The control ports are assigned, and you're free to choose fabric ports.

Regards,
Adam

(if my post helped solve your problem, mark it as accepted solution)
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.