Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Non-SRX VPN Setup - passthrough/NAT to VPN Box Problems

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have a VPN box on a separate VLAN that you can see in my config that I attached connected to an openvpn box that is dedicated for this. It is listening on the right port, I have the config right the clients configs are right and are attempting to connect to the right place. I see translation hits in the log to the right port but nothing is showing up on tcpdump or anywhere on the VPN box.  I only have one external IP address so I am just using a port to determine it is VPN traffic.

Can someone please look at this and see what the heck I am doing wrong?

I should mention, this is for remote users to connect to my home network from a hotel wireless, cafe, etc. that I don't trust on my phone, tablet, laptop, etc.

Thank you!!

Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: Non-SRX VPN Setup - passthrough/NAT to VPN Box Problems

Can someone please help Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Contributor
0 Kudos

I just need help with my destination NAT - nothing is showing up on my vpn box

Distinguished Expert

From the configuration it looks like you are missing the security policy to permit the inbound vpn traffic.  It looks like you may have both the zone names mis matched and the addresses used in the policies incorrect.  But I'm not positive is both are wrong

Basically, you write the security policy from the internet zone to the translated address zone, not the nat address as I think you are doing in your config.  Here is the example:

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos12.1x46/topics/example/nat-security-destination-sin...

Steve Puluka BSEET
Juniper Ambassador
Senior IP Engineer - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP)
JNCIA-Junos JNCIS-SEC JNCIP-SEC JNCSP-SEC
JNCIS-FWV
JNCDA JNCDS-DC JNCDS-SEC
JNCIS-SP
ACE PanOS 6 ACE PanOS 7
http://puluka.com/home
Contributor
0 Kudos

thank you for your help I will give this a try and review your comments on the mismatches!