SRX

last person joined: 4 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Point to Point link reth to MX

Posted 07-08-2015 06:51

Hi all,

I'm intending to connect a pair of SRX3600 in a cluster which I would like to connect to a MX240 with 1 physical link from each SRX in a reth to the MX.

Until the kit arrives, I'm using a test environment of a cluster of 2 SRX210 and a standalone SRX210.

Configuring IP address 10.0.0.1 on the reth, and 10.0.0.2 on *both* physical links on the standalone SRX doesn't work. The IP address is only applied to the first interface and traffic only flows when the corresponding reth member is active.

Configuring LACP on an aggregated ethernet (which I've read not to do, but tried anyway) sees intermittent packet loss, presumable as the standalone balanced traffic down the standby link. promiscuous-mode on the cluster didn't help either.

Can anyone suggest the correct way to configure this so the standalone SRX (will be MX) can correctly talk to the SRX cluster regardless of which cluster link is active?

• 2.  RE: Point to Point link reth to MX
    Best Answer

Posted 07-08-2015 07:29

Hello ,

You can try configuring L3 VLANs in the Standalone SRX210 with those interface as member interface .  I hope that can help . The MAC will be updated of the active link of the reth so that the traffic will not be lost .

Or you can try : http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB22474&smlogin=true

• 3.  RE: Point to Point link reth to MX

Posted 07-08-2015 08:50

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. 

I've got it working this way with 1 ICMP lost during a redundancy-group failover.

Do you happen to know of any Juniper docs to say this is the 'correct' way of doing it?

Cheers,

• 4.  RE: Point to Point link reth to MX

Posted 07-08-2015 20:05

Hello

The doc for these setup is shared  before , since you did not have an MX or EX , thats when you use SRX210 as temporary device . We do not hvae any doccument with complete SRX devices , but you can keep the other KB as reference .