SRX Services Gateway
Contributor
Andrew_CBTS_Lab

Pulse Install System Error

I have setup a dynamic VPN on my SRX210 and am able to connect to the login web page. After my first login it takes me immediately to a 'install/setup' screen and starts downloading and installing Pulse. I am running 11.2r3. It installs Pulse and starts installing extra components, and during the config/install of Netshim/Tunnel/IP Sec it fails out. An error screen pops and says something along the lines of: "System Error - If the problem persists contact the administrator" Upon clicking 'OK', the install stops and it starts over again from the beginning by downloading Pulse, and it continues to fail in the same place. Any help with this would be appreciated. The error is extremely vague and I couldn't find any other information by searching the forum/web. Thanks, Andrew
cy
Contributor
cy

Re: Pulse Install System Error

maybe you lack administrative rights on your pc to install pulse?

you can also get pulse .msi installers on the junos software download page:

http://www.juniper.net/support/products/pulse/

did you try to install one of these? at least you could rule out it has something to do with the SRX.

--

You can also find me on Freenode IRC in #juniper, my handle is "cy[]"
Contributor
Andrew_CBTS_Lab

Re: Pulse Install System Error

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the idea cy.

I was under the impression that I did not have to have admin rights to install Pulse.  I am fairly certain I found that somewhere in the documentation.  Regardless, I have admin rights on the PC I had problems with.

I will try the .msi and let you know how it goes.

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.