SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  QOS on SRX

Posted 06-07-2012 20:05

How to configure QOS on SRX?

example pc with ip address 192.168.1.1 have 64 kbps rate and pc with 192.168.1.2 have 128 kbps.

Regards

Kuplux

#QOSonSRX

• 2.  RE: QOS on SRX

Posted 06-08-2012 06:03

• 3.  RE: QOS on SRX
    Best Answer

Posted 06-08-2012 07:55

That's really not QoS.  That's just simple rate limiting per IP...

here's an example:

set interfaces ge-0/0/1 unit 0 family inet filter input police-ips
    set firewall family inet filter police-ips term 1st_ip from source-address 192.168.1.1/32
    set firewall family inet filter police-ips term 1st_ip then policer xyz
    set firewall family inet filter police-ips term 2nd_ip from source-address 192.168.1.2/32
    set firewall family inet filter police-ips term 2nd_ip then policer xyz
    set firewall family inet filter police-ips term accept-the-rest then accept
    set firewall policer xyz if-exceeding bandwidth-limit 64k
    set firewall policer xyz if-exceeding burst-size-limit 128k
    set firewall policer xyz then discard

• 4.  RE: QOS on SRX

Posted 06-08-2012 15:06

I have a question on CoS/QoS Mechanic on small Branch SRXs. Does the traffic between ports (on the same Internal "PIC") subject to CoS/QoS rules on the SRX 100s and 200s?

I read the Day One article on Juniper, and this caught my eyes.

"The only exception is the case where a packet arrives on one port on a PIC and is destined for another port on the same PIC, in which case, on some platforms, the packet takes the shortcut between the ingress functional blocks of the

PFE and the egress functional blocks of the same PFE. In all cases, however, the packet must go up to the PFE in order to be switched between ports."

Page 22 of the "Day ONe: Deploying Basic QoS"

Also, is it possible to configure the SRX 100s and 200s to use QoS/CoS by source MAC?

• 5.  RE: QOS on SRX

Posted 06-11-2012 00:37

Thank you so much , so you are from london, i read that you was jncie m, in what track its ?

• 6.  RE: QOS on SRX

Posted 06-11-2012 05:59

hendry@microreksa.com wrote:

Thank you so much , so you are from london, i read that you was jncie m, in what track its ?

No problem.  I'm actually from the States.   I have JNCIEs in service provider routing and enterprise routing.  Currently dreading the Security test I'm probably going to take later this year. I've heard it was quite difficult. 🙂

• 7.  RE: QOS on SRX

Posted 06-11-2012 23:51

thanks, do you have a blog ? i have 2 juniper ex switch with vrrp, sw a is master and sw b is backup, when i turn on backup sw connection to server and internet was loss..can you help me?

• 8.  RE: QOS on SRX

Posted 06-12-2012 06:07

I do.  🙂   www.sinatranetwork.com

As far as the ex vrrp problem goes, it'd be best to start a new discussion in the EX forum and post your config there.  I'd have to see the vrrp config though. 

• 9.  RE: QOS on SRX

Posted 06-13-2012 21:29

ok will post my config on ex forum, please help me there, thanks ben

• 10.  RE: QOS on SRX

Posted 06-16-2012 22:02

Ben, i have been posted my vrrp problem on ex forum and you can find the configuration also on the attachment.

Regards