SRX

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  QoS Default Behavior

Posted 02-11-2016 13:18

I could use some clarification on some QoS behavior.  If a packet comes in to a device, should it automatically show up in the EF queue?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: QoS Default Behavior
    Best Answer

Posted 02-11-2016 13:38

I could use some clarification on some QoS behavior.  If a packet comes in to a device, should it automatically show up in the EF queue?

NO see the COS default behaviour pic below

Clipboard01.jpg

the default BA classifier is ipprec-compatibility and everything which is not CS6 or CS7 goes to best effort

the graphic  shows the complete COS default behaviour for SRX from ingress to egress

regards

alexander

• 3.  RE: QoS Default Behavior

Posted 02-12-2016 07:32

Thanks for the infor Alexander.  So if I want EF traffic to go in to a queue, then I would need to have a firewall filter to classify it, correct?

Thanks for the input and help!

• 4.  RE: QoS Default Behavior

Posted 02-12-2016 09:31

No you can select a different classifier ( e.g the default classifier or a custopm made)

but it can also be done via a firewall filter

but you also need to change the scheduler for the expedited forwarding class, as the default has 0% bandwidth reservation, low priority and 0byteof  buffer, which means that any EF-packet which cannot be sent immediately will very likely be dropped ( in reality 0 % buffer means a minimum buffer of 2* MTU-size)

---> therefore I have attached the pic in my previous post Smiley Happy

regards

alexander