SRX

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Routing Change VS Fast Path Processing

Posted 08-08-2011 13:43

Hi Experts

I have SRX240 in HA. I have two Internet Lines from different service provider. One is terminated on the Primary node and second one is terminated on the secondary node.Through floating static route, the default route on primary node is primary and default route on secondary node is backup default route.

The LAN interface is in one redundancy group which is active on Primary node. The traffic comes from the LAN to the primary node and uses the internet link on the primary node.

When the internet link on the primary node down, I know the traffic comes on the node0 and through data path goes to node 1 and uses the internet link there. My question is that what would happen to the existing sessions due to this change in routing? Because for the fast path, no routing lookup would happen and it will still use the down interface as exit point. 

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Routing Change VS Fast Path Processing

Posted 08-08-2011 16:30

existing sessions will  drop ...

however, in order to preserve them, use reth for internet links as well, keeping them in RG1

this way rto-sync will play its role

regards

• 3.  RE: Routing Change VS Fast Path Processing
    Best Answer

Posted 08-08-2011 17:53

As long as the effective zone/policy doesn't change for the given session, it should persist, however I have not verified this in "z-mode" specifically (egress interface out other node in the cluster).

If you enable flow traceoptions for this scenario you should see some indication that a re-route ocurred and see the traffic go out the other interface. If re-route fails for some reason there should be some clues as to why.

Hope this helps.

• 4.  RE: Routing Change VS Fast Path Processing

Posted 08-09-2011 13:18

Thanks both of you