SRX

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  SRX 240 Traffic Shaping

Posted 09-20-2010 02:49

Following Tests on the SRX 240

A. Does the SRX 240 gateway not use a “Shaper” any more on Layer2 (without (carriage return character)) like it used to on the J-Series

B. If Layer 1 is used, why the values do not correspond to the configuration under /class-of-service/interface/unit/shaping-rate.

Background are the following results with small and large packages: - The throughput corresponds to 6,25Mbi/s on Layer 1 with a Shaping rate of 10M approx. - With 20Mbit the throughput increases independently the package size to approx. 18Mbit/s

• 2.  RE: SRX 240 Traffic Shaping
    Best Answer

Posted 11-30-2010 02:31
    - Starting from SW 10.x shaping on the J and SRX Series is done on Layer1 instead of L2
    - Inaccurate values below 10Mbit are based on a probable software error which Juniper are investigating
    - Die geshapten Pakete sollen auch bei den eingebauten Ports über die CPU gehen.

• 3.  RE: SRX 240 Traffic Shaping

Posted 03-05-2013 23:16

Hi Bill,

Do you have the Release Notes for this change of behaviour? (The change from L2 shaping to L1 shaping).

I tried searching through 10.x release notes but couldn't find the notification.

I would appreciate it if you could help me in this matter.

Kind Regards,

Sari

• 4.  RE: SRX 240 Traffic Shaping

Posted 03-06-2013 10:07

@Bill24313 wrote:
    - Die geshapten Pakete sollen auch bei den eingebauten Ports über die CPU gehen.

I was totally going to say that... but you beat me to it.