SRX

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  SRX 240H cluster - IDP subscription/license

Posted 04-06-2011 09:11

I have a pair of these configured as a cluster. When I connect to the console of the primary node in order to update the IDP subscription license, the primary updates successfully but not the secondary. Do I need to break the cluster, do the license/IDP download/install steps and then establish the cluster afterwards?

Thanks in advance.

Richard

• 2.  RE: SRX 240H cluster - IDP subscription/license

Posted 04-06-2011 09:44

You do not need to break the cluster. You can do a local IDP update on the passive box. Juniper has a white paper on this and it is also pretty straighforward. You download the update files, copy to the backup box and perform the update locally.  

Here is a link

http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=TN83&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1302107758959

• 3.  RE: SRX 240H cluster - IDP subscription/license

Posted 04-06-2011 11:11

Does the license on the primary suffice for the secondary as well? If not, how do I get the secondary to update it's license?

Richard

• 4.  RE: SRX 240H cluster - IDP subscription/license

Posted 04-06-2011 11:14

Nope - each box MUST have a license purchased and applied to it as if it was a standalone unit. Again can download the license file to the box and then just apply it. 

• 5.  RE: SRX 240H cluster - IDP subscription/license

Posted 04-06-2011 11:25

Licenses are tied to RE.  You have to install license on  both the nodes.

Just login to secondary node (via console or mgmt )  and install license .

• 6.  RE: SRX 240H cluster - IDP subscription/license
    Best Answer

Posted 04-06-2011 13:11

Another solution is to Failover the RG0 & RG1 to the secondary node ( which means making the sencondary primary ) & then updating the IDP attack DB

• 7.  RE: SRX 240H cluster - IDP subscription/license

Posted 04-06-2011 14:35

This is what I stumbled on about an hour ago. Still on the learning curve with Junos but making progress! Thanks for the replies!

Richard

• 8.  RE: SRX 240H cluster - IDP subscription/license

Posted 01-08-2014 03:45

If I install license only on the primary SRX , and keep the other SRX secondary for all RGs, is it doable ?

I don't like to use the both license now , I am preparing my LAB exam , and I want to take benefit from my trial IDP licenses as long as I can 

Regards

• 9.  RE: SRX 240H cluster - IDP subscription/license

Posted 01-08-2014 06:59

Hi

What makes you think you will not need IDP Active/Active on the exam? ... just kidding.

The setup you are speaking about is not supported but AFAIK it will work and is ok to use in lab.

• 10.  RE: SRX 240H cluster - IDP subscription/license

Posted 01-08-2014 10:04

Thanks Peter Smiley Wink