SRX Services Gateway
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Visitor
0 Kudos

SRX 320 Client VPN - number of clients limitation?

Hi all,

I was trying hard to clarify if the 2 concurrent client VPN-s is still a limitation in 

Model: srx320
Junos: 15.1X49-D45

I remembered I had to buy and install licenses for a customer who needed more than 2 concurrent Client VPN users on SRX240.

Please advise,

Thanks in advance!

Alex

Distinguished Expert
0 Kudos

Re: SRX 320 Client VPN - number of clients limitation?

Yes, you need to buy license for additional users. AFAIK,  you can transfer the existing licenses from existing SRX1XX and SRX2XX to the SRX3XX devices. You may call the Juniper customer care for the same.

Thanks,
Suraj
Please Mark My Solution Accepted if it Helped, Kudos are Appreciated too
Recognized Expert
0 Kudos

rsuraj is right, 2 concurrent users is still the limitation without buying extra licenses.

Please note that dynamic vpn is only present on SRX300 series from 15.1X49-D60 an onwards - so you won't find the feature before an upgrade as you are currently running 15.1X49-D45.

--
Best regards,

Jonas Hauge Jensen
Systems Engineer, SEC Datacom A/S (Denmark)
Super Contributor
0 Kudos

If there will be more than two simultaneous user connections, install a Dynamic VPN license in the device. Dynamic VPN is a licensed feature for SRX-Branch devices. By default, a two user evaluation license is provided free of cost and it does not expire.

Note: If using only two users, you will not see an entry for the dynamic-vpn license. By default, it will allow you to connect with two dynamic vpn. In cases where there are more than two users that need to connect concurrently, a license is required.

https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB17292&actp=search
http://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos12.1x44/topics/example/vpn-security-dynamic-example-...
http://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos12.1x44/topics/concept/security-license-overview.htm...

-Python
#Please mark my solution as accepted if it helped, Kudos are appreciated as well.

-Python
#Please mark my solution as accepted if it helped, Kudos are appreciated as well.
Recognized Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Python,

not entirely true. In later releases you can see the 2 concurrent users via 'show system license':

jh@fw> show system license
License usage:
                                 Licenses     Licenses    Licenses    Expiry
  Feature name                       used    installed      needed
  dynamic-vpn                           0            2           0    permanent
jh@fw>
--
Best regards,

Jonas Hauge Jensen
Systems Engineer, SEC Datacom A/S (Denmark)
Super Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, jonashauge. You are right with the "show outputs". My earlier statement with show outputs was confined to legacy Junos; which got modified later.

-Python

-Python