SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  SRX 340 ports

Posted 04-18-2016 22:34

Hi,

Does anyone of you know which port become SRX340's Control Link (fxp1/em0??)  in Cluster Mode. In need this piece of information to finish the LLD.

Unfortunately neither DataSheet nor TechPub Doc (modified month ago 🙂 ) doesn't explain that:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos15.1x49-d40/topics/reference/general/chassis-cluster-srx-series-node-interface-understanding.html

thx in adv

• 2.  RE: SRX 340 ports

Posted 04-19-2016 03:18

Hi,

Cant seem to find too much on this, however, the 240 and the 550 both use ge-0/0/1. Might be worth cabling it up like that and see if the cluster comes up!

• 3.  RE: SRX 340 ports

Posted 04-19-2016 03:29

Hi,

Many thx for an idea.

I don't have to cable it, the only think is to setup cluster and check the mac address, and compare, which phisical port has the same mac as fpx1.

There is, unfortunately, little "but".  I have to provide to dc lld, with cable plan, prior the devices will be on client's site and i cannot guess: ge-0/0/1 or maybe ge-0/0/0 (cause fxp0 has it's own dedicated port)

• 4.  RE: SRX 340 ports

Posted 04-19-2016 03:51

Ah, I see now, this device has its own management port, I assume this replaces the FXP0 port, so maybe ge-0/0/0 could be FXP1 

Very odd that there is no documentation on this.  Can you place a ticket with JTAC?  Im sure this will be a quick answer for you.

Possibly some other forum user has configured one of these already!

• 5.  RE: SRX 340 ports
    Best Answer

Posted 04-20-2016 02:23

Hi,

I was also looking for it and found it!

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos15.1x49-d40/topics/reference/general/chassis-cluster-srx-series-node-interface-understanding.html#table-srx-cluster-interface-naming

It was:

Modified: 2016-04-19

so yesterday, you couldn't see it when searching for it:)

Nevertheless Juniper reacted fast:P

• 6.  RE: SRX 340 ports

Posted 04-20-2016 02:28

Hi,

Thank You Michal for finding that. Indeed it has been adjusted after I started searching information about that, and wrote that post.

Thank you Juniper for updating (after my post 😛 ??) the techpub document.