SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  SRX 3600 HA

Posted 07-27-2011 13:11

Hello,

I am new to Juniper and have few questions. I got couple of SRX3600s to config and got a question regarding SLOTs numbering when configuring fab0/fab1 and reth.

Following:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos11.1/information-products/topic-collections/security/software-all/security/index.html?topic-47219.html

do the numbering of slots continue over to the second chassis?

If I am going to use SFB for my fab and reth - then could i say:

set fab0 fabric-options member-interfaces ge-0/0/0  <-- chassis 1
            set fab1 fabric-options member-interfaces ge-13/0/0  <-- chassis 2?

that's if i want to use first port of the SFB on both chassis.

Also - do i just make the config. on chassis-1 or will there be some inital config needed on chassis 2?

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: SRX 3600 HA
    Best Answer

Posted 07-27-2011 13:50

Hi learning01,

You are on the right track and you are doing good!  Yes you are correct that the number of slots continues over to the second chassis as what essentially happens is we are creating a larger logical grouping of the interfaces and hardware on both units into a cluster.  This allows you to have a single pane of glass if you would when configuring the system, so that you can easily manage everything as if it was a single entity.

So yes, in your case, if you are using the first slot on each chassis for your SFB, then you would configure the respective fab interfaces as you've suggested.  Just make the config on the master, no need to do anything specific on the secondary device.

• 3.  RE: SRX 3600 HA

Posted 07-28-2011 05:51

excellent. Thank you Stephan.