SRX Services Gateway
New User
Keyan

SRX, L2 Trunks, and UAC

Has anyone set up an SRX for L2 Trunks and UAC (or even just the L2 trunks..)

I'm having a heck of a time getting the trunks set up properly and the SRX in transparent mode.  I had it set up in about an hour on a ScreenOS demo, so I'm rather concerned that it seems the SRX line may not be as well designed for transparent and/or UAC, even though it is the newest hardware.

Any help would be appreciated.

Trusted Expert
Automate

Re: SRX, L2 Trunks, and UAC

Unfortunately, transparent mode is not currently supported on the branch SRX platforms. There is some confusion since it is available on the SRX3000 and SRX5000 platforms.

Regards,

-Keith

New User
Keyan

I am using a 3400 - should I be in a different forum?

If transparent mode is not supported on the other models (650, 210, etc), does that mean they aren't able to serve as a bump-in-the-wire UAC enforcer?  That would be very unfortunate, as we were spec'd that way for our order.

Juniper Employee
ScreenOS

UAC can be implemented on the SRX 100/210/650 in l3 mode only. This will not be transparent to end users, since captive portal is not supported yet.  For more information on what UAC features are supported you can refer to the documentation at https://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos-security/junos-security94/junos-security-swconfig-se...

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.