SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  SRX Queue numbers backwards from Switches (Xpost switching)

Posted 01-29-2015 14:20

Hi,

Has anyone ever noticed that the queue numbers are backwards between the SRX and the EX switches?  Other than best-effort being zero they diverge from there.

I want a consistant policy accross the board, to me the EX makes more sense ( 0 is the worst  7 is the best).  Any downside to rejiging what the SRX is doing?  

Also anyway to get rid of the default queues like expedited-forwarding?  I dont use a queue number 1 so it always shows up.  Very annoying.

SRX:

Queue counters:       Queued packets  Transmitted packets      Dropped packets
        0 best-effort                 3333                 3333                    0
        1 expedited-fo                   0                    0                    0
        2 assured-forw                   0                    0                    0
        3 network-cont                   0                    0                    0

EX:

Queue counters:       Queued packets  Transmitted packets      Dropped packets
        0 best-effort                    0                    6                    0
        1 assured-forw                   0                    0                    0
        5 expedited-fo                   0                    0                    0
        7 network-cont                   0                    0                    0

• 2.  RE: SRX Queue numbers backwards from Switches (Xpost switching)
    Best Answer

Posted 01-29-2015 15:35

If I recall correctly, the SRX can be set up any way you want with regard to queues and ordering.  The EX forces higher priority queues to be a higher number.  You are welcome to configure whatever queues you want - you don't need to use four queues.  Minimum I would recommend is two - one for BE and one for NC.  The queues can be applied on a per-interface basis through the scheduler-map.