SRX

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
Expand all | Collapse all

SRX image for GNS

• 1.  SRX image for GNS

Posted 06-06-2014 06:44

Hi Team,

Can we run SRX image on GNS?  I want to practice for JNCIS SEC.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Sanjay

• 2.  RE: SRX image for GNS

Posted 06-06-2014 15:55

Juniper has the virtual SRX series branded as Firefly.  You can download a free evaluation demo from the web site to use for education, lab and testing purposes.

http://www.juniper.net/support/downloads/?p=junosvfirefly-eval#sw

• 3.  RE: SRX image for GNS

Posted 06-10-2014 08:37

I used "junos-vsrx-12.1X44-D10.4-domestic" - file type: OVA. I used VmWare Work Station, but i don't configuration chassis cluster. Pls guide me

• 4.  RE: SRX image for GNS

• 5.  RE: SRX image for GNS

Posted 09-12-2014 08:56
      |   view attached

Thanks.. I am able to use SRX image on GNS and Vmware. but I am facing a strange issues

1)  I am not able to see Gigabit interfaces, when i execute "show interface terse" command.

2) When i power off the GNS, and later try to use the SRX image again, it is not loading properly. I am getting  error (attached)

Thanks & Regards

Sanjay Sehgal

Attachment(s)

docx
    error srx GNS.docx   33 KB 1 version

• 6.  RE: SRX image for GNS

Posted 09-29-2014 22:40

hello,

Neither Juniper nor this forum provides support for SRX image for GNS

• 7.  RE: SRX image for GNS

Posted 09-30-2014 03:20

The OVA files are designed to run on VMware server version.  You can get the free version from VMware and run v-sphere inside of your workstation.  Then open a fresh copy of the OVA there.

You would have to do some hacks to run successfully in other platforms like GNS3, Qmeu or virtual box.

• 8.  RE: SRX image for GNS

Posted 05-01-2015 08:45

Failed to import appliance C:\Users\rpatel\Downloads\junos-vsrx-12.1X47-D20.7-domestic.ova.

Error reading "C:\Users\rpatel\Downloads\junos-vsrx-12.1X47-D20.7-domestic.ova": "Element InstanceID is absent under Item element, line 74. see DMTF Schema Documentation http://schemas.dmtf.org/wbem/cim-html/2/".

Result Code:VBOX_E_FILE_ERROR (0x80BB0004)
    Component:Appliance
    Interface:IAppliance {3059cf9e-25c7-4f0b-9fa5-3c42e441670b}

Please help. I am trying to import virtual appliance to virtual box and it is giving me this error.

OVA file is not working.

• 9.  RE: SRX image for GNS

Posted 05-01-2015 13:04

ronak7264@gmail.com wrote:

Failed to import appliance C:\Users\rpatel\Downloads\junos-vsrx-12.1X47-D20.7-domestic.ova.

Error reading "C:\Users\rpatel\Downloads\junos-vsrx-12.1X47-D20.7-domestic.ova": "Element InstanceID is absent under Item element, line 74. see DMTF Schema Documentation http://schemas.dmtf.org/wbem/cim-html/2/".

Result Code:VBOX_E_FILE_ERROR (0x80BB0004)
    Component:Appliance
    Interface:IAppliance {3059cf9e-25c7-4f0b-9fa5-3c42e441670b}

Please help. I am trying to import virtual appliance to virtual box and it is giving me this error.

OVA file is not working.

OVA template is not designed for the VBox, what you can do is: extract the ova file and get the .vmdk file (also can convert in .VDI for the native format) and create a new VM, select FreeBSD as your OS (select 64 bit version).

MAKE SURE you have assigned two CPUs else you wont be able to see Ge- Interfaces.

Now go to GNS3 and configure as an standard VBox instance in GNS3 (assign at least 1024 MB RAM though it will run on 512 too), and you are good to go now.

• 10.  RE: SRX image for GNS

Posted 05-04-2017 03:46

Hi Steve,

I am looking for any vSRX .OVA files to run on GNS3 VM

May you please assist where I can find these vSRX .OVA files to download, as Juniper has removed these evaluation versions.

Thanky you

Regards

Phuc Le

• 11.  RE: SRX image for GNS

Posted 05-05-2017 02:38
    I believe this is the current link for the downloads http://www.juniper.net/support/downloads/?p=vsrxeval#sw

• 12.  RE: SRX image for GNS

Posted 05-05-2017 18:12

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your prompt reply for the url for .OVA for GNS3 VM

• 13.  RE: SRX image for GNS

Posted 05-01-2015 13:07

@sansehga wrote:

Hi Team,

Can we run SRX image on GNS?  I want to practice for JNCIS SEC.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Sanjay

Yes, you can but as qemu instance it is very slow and takes much time to load, alternatively you can configure it as VBox instance (see my last post - response to ronak7264@gmail.com)