SRX

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  SRX screen options

Posted 07-28-2015 00:35

Hi,

I have a couple of question that i can't find an answer to:

1. will the SRX release after a period of time a host that has been blocked by screen options?

2. where does screen options evaluate? on the data plane or the control plane?

thanks

• 2.  RE: SRX screen options
    Best Answer

Posted 07-28-2015 00:47

Hello ,

1. will the SRX release after a period of time a host that has been blocked by screen options?

> It depends on whats attack was the client initiated  , if its like flooding attacks/ DOS / thrusholds  , it will get released . I remember the time value is somewhere around 30 mins to get release  .  If its like spoofing , it will drop all times.

2. where does screen options evaluate? on the data plane or the control plane?

> The UTMD process run in Control plane , but the checks will be done on Dataplane .

• 3.  RE: SRX screen options

Posted 07-28-2015 01:02

thanks!

(no Idea what Kudos is though)

do you have a link to where i can see the timers for 1. ?

• 4.  RE: SRX screen options

Posted 07-28-2015 01:05

Hello ,

Thanks for the update . I will check for Doc , currently I am unable to find. 30 Mins are the default timers on SRX so my understanding was in that perspective . I will try checking for Docs .

• 5.  RE: SRX screen options

Posted 07-28-2015 03:44

Hello ,

I have a small correct to make , the time values for which it get released in not 30 Mins . I tested this in my lab and found that  , if you configure the  threshold  , lets take an example  1000 session in an min . So if a source hit the box with  1000 sessions in 3 seconds , then the source will be blocked for only the remaining minute .

The next minute  it will be released and new sessions are allowed . I tested this So I hope its the correct value .

Sorry about the previous misunderstanding . Smiley Happy

• 6.  RE: SRX screen options

Posted 07-28-2015 05:34

oh thanks man no problem

btw i'm searching for info about configuring IPSEC when the SRX is behind NAT.. 

how would i accomplish this? with using an aggresive mode or can i specify a "real IP" along with the gateway address?

• 7.  RE: SRX screen options

Posted 07-28-2015 05:40

• 8.  RE: SRX screen options

Posted 07-28-2015 07:05

ok, but which address should i specify on the remote SRX? it shows only output configuration from the SRX begind NAT

• 9.  RE: SRX screen options

Posted 07-28-2015 21:54

Hello ,

On the remote SRX , you need to specify the public NAT IP .