SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  SRX with LACP and default gateway questions

Posted 08-06-2015 09:56

Hello,

I got myself SRX220 so I can learn and below is my lab setup:

ISP's router connects to --> ge-0/0/0 on SRX 220 -- trunk ge-0/0/3 and ge-0/0/4 --  CISCO (Layer 3) GE3 and GE4

Laptops and workstations will connect to CISCO  via VLAN 6 and VLAN 7
    VLAN 3 = Trunk with VLANs 6 & 7 allowed and I have 2 ports (GE3 and GE4) assigned to this trunk with 2 cables plugged into them that are conencted to SRX .
    VLAN 3 comes to the SRX through CISCO.

All the devices plugged into the ports assigned to VLAN 6 and 7 on CISCO will need to reach Internet.
    Let's assume VLAN configurations are correct on both sides.

My questions are:

My ISP's router's IP = 192.168.1.254
    If I do:
    set static route 0.0.0.0/0 next-hop 'GW-IP'

Do I assign GW-IP = 192.168.1.254 or the one I see under my ISP's router settings the public GW-IP from my ISP?

Also, I'm plannig to get a static public IP for myself from my ISP in the future.
    How my scenario will change based on it? Will I be able to do this:
    set interfaces ge-0/0/0 unit 0 family inet address 'my public ip from my isp'

If I don't have it now (the public IP assigned for me) how do I utilize this command?:
    set interfaces ge-0/0/0 unit 0 family inet address 'what goes here if I don't have a static IP?'

I am plannig to setup LACP on the trunk (VLAN 3) on the CISCO side and add those 2 ports (GE3 and GE4) to LAG.

Do I need to setup LACP on both sides on SRX and the CISCO?
    Or do I just plug those 2 cables from the CISCO into SRX on ge-0/0/3 and ge-0/0/4 and setup LACP only on the SRX side?
    Will it work?

For SRX I would do this:

set chassis aggregated-devices ethernet device-count 2
    set interfaces ge-0/0/3 gigether-options 802.3ad ae0
    set interfaces ge-0/0/4 gigether-options 802.3ad
    set interfaces ae0 aggregated-ether-options lacp active
    set interfaces ae0 unit 0 family ethernet-switching port-mode trunk
    set interfaces ae0 aggregated-ether-options link-speed 1g
    set interfaces ae0 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members all

I will appreciate any input or advice you can give me.
    Thank you.

• 2.  RE: SRX with LACP and default gateway questions
    Best Answer

Posted 08-06-2015 10:36

Hello ,

set static route 0.0.0.0/0 next-hop 'GW-IP'

Do I assign GW-IP = 192.168.1.254 or the one I see under my ISP's router settings the public GW-IP from my ISP?

> You this is correct , the next hope should be the ISP router IP connecting to SRX and not the gateway of the ISP router .

In our case its 192.168.1.254.

If I don't have it now (the public IP assigned for me) how do I utilize this command?:
    set interfaces ge-0/0/0 unit 0 family inet address 'what goes here if I don't have a static IP?'

> Once you have a static public IP from ISP , change the ge-0/0/0 interface to that public IP and you can connect directly to internet using the public gateway as your next hope . For now you can leave it the way its configured now.

For LACP , you configuration is fine .

• 3.  RE: SRX with LACP and default gateway questions

Posted 08-06-2015 12:33

Thank you, Sam!