SRX

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  SRX100 system snapshot vs usb partition name

Posted 01-05-2016 12:31

I am trying to do a system snapshot to my usb key: request system snapshot media usb. But, I keep getting this error:

error: usb (/dev/da1) media missing or invalid

the problem is that my usb key is detected by the SRX100 as da2 and not da1.

Is there a way to force the router to detect the usb as da1 again?

N.B. I already unmounted the directory ("usb") that was linked to my usb when it was detected earlier as da1.

• 2.  RE: SRX100 system snapshot vs usb partition name
    Best Answer

Posted 01-05-2016 22:54

Hello ,

I have seen the same issue and this got fixed after I done a reboot on the node .  This is because the RE identifies the USB when you connect  ( as its seen in consol ) but when you issue the command , sometimes the Junos is not identifying the USB device .

Initially I would try to re-format the drive ( try both file system NTFS and FAT32 ) and if this does not work , please try to reboot the box and try .

• 3.  RE: SRX100 system snapshot vs usb partition name

Posted 01-06-2016 07:03

Thanks for the prompt reply Sam. It's a pain in the neck to reboot the prod cluster. It's going to be planned for sure. I guess that's the only way to do it.

• 4.  RE: SRX100 system snapshot vs usb partition name

Posted 01-06-2016 18:53

Hello ,

You need to reboot only the Node where the USB is not getting detected , by failing over the cluster to the other node so that traffic will not get impacted .

• 5.  RE: SRX100 system snapshot vs usb partition name

Posted 01-08-2016 12:37

That's what  I did and it worked. Thanks for the help.