SRX

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  SRX210 ADSL/G.shdsl pinouts

Posted 06-10-2012 04:15

Hi all,

I am trying to setup a SRX210 with a G.SHDSL pim to connect to a BT/UK ADSL circuit.

I cannot seem to get the at-1/0/0 interface to come up ie its enabled but physical link is down.

My setup is <G.SHDSL>RJ45---2wire----RJ11<media filter>--<telephone socket/line>

I do not have the official Juniper RJ45 to RJ11 cable, so i am trying to make my own, however I am not sure what the pinouts should be and also if i need to change the "set chassis fpc 1 pic 0 shdsl pic-mode" from 8 wire to something else...

The pinouts listed on the Juniper site seem to cover everything apart from my setup.

Has anybody else got a SRX210 or G.SHDSL talking to an BT/UK type ADSL ( PPPoA) cct? if so can you supply the cable pinouts and pic-mode settings etc.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Rgds

John

• 2.  RE: SRX210 ADSL/G.shdsl pinouts
    Best Answer

Posted 06-10-2012 08:58

Hi

Have you purchased a SDSL service, or do you have ADSL?

If you only have an ADSL service, then the SDSL PIM will not work.

The any PIM in the SRX must match the equipment in the exchange.  ADSL - ADSL   

The RJ11/12 uses the middle 2/4 pins.  I have made my own cable for my ADSL PIM and they work.

• 3.  RE: SRX210 ADSL/G.shdsl pinouts

Posted 06-10-2012 10:09
    Ah.... That would explain it then. I was told that g.shdsl pim could do both shdsl or adsl dependant on how you configure it. I will have go and get the adsl pim instead. thanks for the info john