SRX

last person joined: 4 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  SRX210 Booting from backup image 10.0R3.10

Posted 03-01-2016 04:22

Rank amateur alert! Smiley Embarassed

I have a spare SRX210 which is booting from the backup image. It had previously been ok but i think a sudden power outage killed it. I want to be able to put the latest software on but following the GUI instruction in this article

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos14.1/topics/example/security-junos-os-upgrade-srx-series-device-installing.html

the procedure hangs after i click 'Upload and install package' - I'm trying to install version 11.4R9.4 but i read somewhere on these forums that you can only go up in smaller upgrade steps.Eh 10.0 to 10.4 then 10.4 to 11.4 but I can't find the download for 10.4 anywhere.

any advice greatly apreciated.

• 2.  RE: SRX210 Booting from backup image 10.0R3.10
    Best Answer

Posted 03-01-2016 06:39

Hi!

You should be able to upgrade directly to 11.4, please have a closer look at: http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos12.1x46/information-products/topic-collections/release-notes/12.1x46/topic-82934.html

I would recommend using the CLI when upgrading, it's not that complicated. Use an SFTP client like FileZilla to transfer the image to your /var/tmp folder, after that issue the install command:

request system software add /var/tmp/junos-srx1k3k-10.4R3.4-domestic.tgz no-validate no-copy

Replace to .tgz-file with the one you've downloaded. After successfull install, restart the device:

request system reboot

• 3.  RE: SRX210 Booting from backup image 10.0R3.10

Posted 03-01-2016 08:09

Wow, simple, concise and accurate instructions. Thanks it all worked a treat! I had no idea i could use Filezilla as a method to transfer files to my Juniper.

I now have a Hot Spare ready to put into place if (when) the primary SRX fails.

Cheers

NS