SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  SRX210 VPN User Restriction

Posted 06-21-2015 15:53

I have a server that I would like to permit VPN users access to but restrict all other areas.

As an example, how would I restrict all VPN users only to a specific server (ip address) that they are allowed to work on?

SRX210

• 2.  RE: SRX210 VPN User Restriction
    Best Answer

Posted 06-21-2015 21:37

Hi,

you need to create a security policy that is allowing traffic only from users to that specific server.

Something like below:  Lets say the users that are connecting are in zone VPN

the server lives in zone servers.

vpn users: 10.1.0.0/24

server ip :  172.16.1.2/24

First you need to make some addresbook entry's

set security zones security-zone VPN address-book address VPN-USERS 10.1.0.0/24

set security zones security-zone SERVERS address-book address SERVER1 172.16.1.2/24

now you can make a policy allowing everything from the vpn users to that specific server

set security policies from-zone VPN to-zone SERVERS policy access_to_server1 match source-address VPN-USERS

set security policies from-zone VPN to-zone SERVERS policy access_to_server1 match destination-address SERVER1

set security policies from-zone VPN to-zone SERVERS policy access_to_server1 match application any

set security policies from-zone VPN to-zone SERVERS policy access_to_server1 then permit

(I have uses application any in this example, I used any on the applications you can also allow only one/more specific services like dns / http / https etc etc)

if your users are on a dynamic vpn in the untrust zone you can do something like this:

set security policies from-zone untrust to-zone SERVERS policy access_to_server1 match source-address VPN-USERS

set security policies from-zone untrust to-zone SERVERS policy access_to_server1 match destination-address SERVER1

set security policies from-zone untrust to-zone SERVERS policy access_to_server1 match application any

set security policies from-zone untrust to-zone SERVERS policy access_to_server1 then permit tunnel ipsec-vpn dyn-vpn

Hope this helps a bit

• 3.  RE: SRX210 VPN User Restriction

Posted 06-24-2015 02:32

If I assign one user a specific IP address is it possible to restrict that user by IP to any trusted resouce except the port or IP the server is on?

• 4.  RE: SRX210 VPN User Restriction

Posted 06-24-2015 02:38

Then you can make an adress set of multiple ip adresses to allow one user ip to multiple resources.This you then apply to the security policy