SRX

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  SRX240 in cluster mode need to create Reth1 with more than 4 interfaces

Posted 05-15-2010 02:59

I have two srx240 in cluster mode (node0 and node1 ) . I tried to add 10 interfaces ( 5 from teach node ) when I start adding more than 2 one from each node its gave me the message as below :

root@HQ-Firewall-1# commit
    [edit interfaces ge-0/0/7 gigether-options]
      'redundant-parent'
        children must be from different chassis
    [edit interfaces]
      'ge-0/0/7'
        Platform: gigether options parsing fails
    error: configuration check-out failed

{secondary:node0}[edit]

i read a lot of document and as i know i can add as a maximum interface under each reth 18 interface 9 from each node and all should be same tybe ( giga or fastethernet ) all what I tried to add are gig interfaces ...so can you help me on that cause I need them to connect the servers in DMZ zone . also as I know that vlans not supported in the cluster mode so that I need to add 10 interface to same reth cause I need to assign one IP address for all of them to establish the connectivity between the servers and the SRXs ..

• 2.  RE: SRX240 in cluster mode need to create Reth1 with more than 4 interfaces

Posted 05-15-2010 12:43
    Are you saying you want to add 9 physical interfaces in one reth parent? This is not supported. You can only add two physical interfaces to be part of an reth (one from each node). Instead you should create 9 reths and have them all in same redundancy group. That should accomplish your task.

-Richard

• 3.  RE: SRX240 in cluster mode need to create Reth1 with more than 4 interfaces

Posted 05-16-2010 03:43

I need to add 10 interfaces ( 5 from each node ) and all same type . the suggested solution will not solve my problem cause I need to assign one IP address to the 10 interfaces so if I used 5 reths how I can assign one IP for all of them ???

check the junos-security-swconfig-security.pdf at page 810  ( you can get it from juniper Website ),you can find example with configure 6 interfaces assign for one reth (3 from each node ) ?

If its not possible ,can you please advise me for a solution to configure on IP address to 10 interfaces so I can connect my servers to them ...

Thanks for your replay

• 4.  RE: SRX240 in cluster mode need to create Reth1 with more than 4 interfaces

Posted 05-16-2010 10:11

with your SRX240 in cluster, you can only add 2 interfaces (one for each node) into a reth.

that's why your commit fails.

starting from 10.1, you can create a reth lag, but this is only supported on srx3400 and higher

• 5.  RE: SRX240 in cluster mode need to create Reth1 with more than 4 interfaces
    Best Answer

Posted 05-16-2010 11:33

Bart is correct. You can refer to Feature Support Reference Guide (on Support website). Page 8 (table 6) lists what is supported on each platform for chassis clusters. On 240 you can only have 2 interfaces (one from each node) in an reth. To accomplish what you need with only SRX240 may not be possible. You would need to have second switch in between the reth and your servers to aggregate the links as ethernet switching features are not supported on SRX when in chassis cluster.

-Richard

• 6.  RE: SRX240 in cluster mode need to create Reth1 with more than 4 interfaces

Posted 05-16-2010 12:07

thanks for help