SRX Services Gateway
Contributor
Duga

SRX3600 OSPF Debugging

Hello,

I'm debugging an OSPF configuration on SRX3600.

I established a peering with a customer router (Cisco Router) which I can't access.

I don't know what is the OSPF configuration on it.

From my SRX3600, I just want to be sur I'm sending the correct route.

Because on the other side, it seems my route are not installed.

So, I'm sorry if it is a stupid question, it seems I have a lack in my knowledge, but I would like to know how I can list the sended route from my SRX3600 ?

I used JUNOS Software Release [10.2S5.3] on it with JSRP Cluster.

Thanks.

Distinguished Expert
keithr

Re: SRX3600 OSPF Debugging

OSPF is a link-state protocol.  Meaning that, unless you've explicitly configured filters to prevent certain routes from being advertised (on the SRX side) or installed (on the Cisco side), all routes are advertised.

Have you verified that the peer is fully established?  "show ospf neighbor" should list the neighbor and show the State as "Full."

You can use "show ospf database advertising-router self" to see which routes are injected into OSPF by this router.  Keep in mind that routes that are injected into the OSPF area by other routers are also re-advertised to other routers in the area.

Additionally, you can configure traceoptions under the protocols -> ospf stanza to enable debug logging of various pieces of OSPF operations.

-kr

---
If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution."
Kudos are always appreciated.
Contributor
Duga

I verified all these elements.

My OSPF peering is OK. I received route from the other peer which are successfully installed in my routing table.

There is nothing strange in my log.

The affected route are successfully installed on others peer from my router.

I just would like to have an explicit trace about the sended route to send to the other team. If it was possible ...

I know the problem is on the other side but they won't investigate until I prove them.

Thanks.

Distinguished Expert
keithr

Duga wrote:

I just would like to have an explicit trace about the sended route to send to the other team. If it was possible ...

I know the problem is on the other side but they won't investigate until I prove them.

That would be where the traceoptions come in, as I mentioned in my previous post.

-kr

---
If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution."
Kudos are always appreciated.
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.