SRX

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Specifications of module SRX-SFP-1GE-LX?

Posted 07-10-2011 23:43

I've searched the specifications of module SRX-SFP-1GE-LX, but haven't found anything. About the module SRX-SFP-1GE-LX, I have some wonderings and need help: I have bought module EX 1G (which is not the one I need) and now I cannot buy SRX 1G, the neccessary module due to lack of budget. I realized that those 2 modules are quite similar, so I wonder whether I can use EX module on SRX.
    Plz help me! Thanks!

#specifications

• 2.  RE: Specifications of module SRX-SFP-1GE-LX?

Posted 07-13-2011 00:30

I'm pretty sure the're the same optics; have you tried them in the SRX? They should work just fine. If your question is whether or not they're officially supported, you could put in a call to JTAC to ask and they could tell you for certain.

• 3.  RE: Specifications of module SRX-SFP-1GE-LX?

Posted 07-13-2011 15:18

@billp wrote:

I'm pretty sure the're the same optics; have you tried them in the SRX?

I believe he's referring to the PIM card itself, not the optic modules.

To vietht -- You would have to consult with an SE or support to confirm if the modules are the same.  I wouldn't put an EX module into an SRX without being absolutely sure it's compatible.

Perhaps you can exchange your EX module for the SRX module with the vendor where you purchased it?

• 4.  RE: Specifications of module SRX-SFP-1GE-LX?

Posted 07-13-2011 21:24
    Hi keithr,
    Thank for your help.

@keithr wrote:

I believe he's referring to the PIM card itself, not the optic modules.

I believe he 's referring the optic modules. Because the PIM card of them are not the same. 

@keithr wrote:

To vietht -- You would have to consult with an SE or support to confirm if the modules are the same.  I wouldn't put an EX module into an SRX without being absolutely sure it's compatible.

Perhaps you can exchange your EX module for the SRX module with the vendor where you purchased it?

Yes, I have been trying. But they also have no answer. I have not install it yet. I want to consult those with experience before try to install it.

I've bought directly it with several switch, router, firewall from Juniper. So, can't exchange it.

Thanks!

• 5.  RE: Specifications of module SRX-SFP-1GE-LX?

Posted 07-14-2011 10:25

Hi vietht,

Seems I misunderstood what you were originally asking.

If you're just talking about the optics, then I have never had problems using the same optics across product lines.  Most vendor optics these days are all the same (usually made by Finisar or another large optic manufacturer), and rebranded for the vendor.  I have used older Juniper optics that I purchased for my ISG2000 in my SRX products, and vice versa.  I wouldn't anticipate you would have any problems, and I would bet lunch that the specifications on the SRX and EX optics are identical since they're almost certainly the same exact part just with a different label.

• 6.  RE: Specifications of module SRX-SFP-1GE-LX?

Posted 07-15-2011 22:06

@keithr wrote:

Hi vietht,

Seems I misunderstood what you were originally asking.

If you're just talking about the optics, then I have never had problems using the same optics across product lines.  Most vendor optics these days are all the same (usually made by Finisar or another large optic manufacturer), and rebranded for the vendor.  I have used older Juniper optics that I purchased for my ISG2000 in my SRX products, and vice versa.  I wouldn't anticipate you would have any problems, and I would bet lunch that the specifications on the SRX and EX optics are identical since they're almost certainly the same exact part just with a different label.

Thank for reply me.

It's about SRX-SFP-1GE-LX (SFP 1000Base-LX Gigabit Ethernet Optic Module). Thay have same shape but the SRX optic has not specifications. I also think like you, they have same optic. But I wanna know surely.

If you have the specifications of it, clould you shareit  with me.

Thanks!

• 7.  RE: Specifications of module SRX-SFP-1GE-LX?

Posted 07-16-2011 13:45

I think your best bet is to contact an SE or your reseller.

• 8.  RE: Specifications of module SRX-SFP-1GE-LX?
    Best Answer

Posted 08-11-2011 01:24

I've done it. They can replace together.

They have the same optic specifications.

• 9.  RE: Specifications of module SRX-SFP-1GE-LX?

Posted 07-13-2011 21:12

Thanks and thanks a gain.

Thank billp,

I've called them and created two case about that. But they answered something like:

"We would suggest that it is not advisable to use the SRX module for the EX switches as this might cause issues."

or "We don't have the devices here in our lab to check this and provide you ..."

When I request the specifications of this module, they have not anything about this module!

"I'm pretty sure the're the same optics;"

Really? Do you have a some parameters of it. As:

-       Minimum Launch Power

-       Maximum Launch Power

-       Minimum Receiver Sensitivity

-       Maximum Receiver Sensitivity

-       Maximum Input Power